Sign in to follow this  
Guest smileymiley

Voz 1.4 released today

Guest smileymiley

For those who do not know VOZ 1.4 will be released at 8Pm AEST (11am UTC today. At time of post 1 hour and 50 minutes to go. If you fly in Australia or ever wanted to this is by far the best freeware scenery package of a whole country available.Check it outhttp://vistaoz.org/CheersSmileymiley

Guest pclark36

Thanks for the heads up! I flew Voz in an earlier version when AirSource did an Australia tour, it was wonderful, I fully recommend this scenery!

lol you beat me to it, oh well.. thanks for posting it !!

2 questions:Did they improve YSSY with v. 1.4 and does not installing this package change all your textures worldwide?

Eric 

I don't know what YSSY looked like in earlier versions of VOZ, but the 1.4 version has the famous control tower with the spiral around the outside, and custom terminals and other buildings. I did a five-minute spin around Sydney and was awestruck at the realism. The central business district is very detailed, the Harbor Bridge and Opera House are there, there's boat traffic in the harbor, it's amazing.You use an app called the "VOZswitcher" to swap VOZ texture sets in or out. There are four different sets corresponding to four different geographical areas in Australia, and you can only load one at a time prior to running FS. You also use the VOZswitcher to "unVOZ" and restore your normal textures, which are backed up when you switch from the defaults to any of the VOZ textures. It seems fairly idiotproof (I hadn't broken any textures with VOZ 1.21, 1.4 shouldn't be any different).Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

Yes, it's already available!VOZ is my all time favourite freeware addon.It makes the FS9 world into something incredible.Thanks to Koorby and all the Oz team for another version of this masterpiece. :D Best regards,Rafal