Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New KIAD (Dulles Intl) avail just in time for weekend

Blueprint Simulations just released KIAD for FS9 and FSX. Gotta say, for 15 dollars US (not Euro's ;-)) , the airport looks pretty dang good...textures look sharp and we can all finally dump simflyers version!http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/

Eric 

I've really been looking forward to this scenery, but I have to say that from what I've seen in the screenshots, it's not really any more detailed than the Simflyers version... :-( I'm kinda disappointed.Plus I've noticed with these Blueprint sceneries that the "model areas" don't cast or accept shadows.. so even if you have "scenery casts ground shadows" checked in your FS9 options, the scenery DOESN'T cast shadows OR accept the shadows from your aircraft. It just makes the scenery seem flat and very "2-dimensional".I might give it a try, but I have a feeling I'll end up sticking with Simflyer's version...Alex

Just checked and all the gates, terminals and ground equipment cast shadows for me. The scenery even has the new runway due to open next year. In fact the scenery looks pretty darn good and the frame rates are staying maxed at 24 for me. The doc's that come with it even have 3 pages showing each gate and what airline uses it and the type of aircraft each gate can accomadate...very nice.

Eric 

I don't see any screenshots of the cargo ramps, are they detailed at all?

How are the texture loading times? The problem with KCLE was that it stuttered like crazy while it was loading what must be enormous texture files.Also, how's the surrounding area? It looks okay. KCLE was plain ugly with some kind of photo imagery and zero autogen on top of it.I'm not sure, KCLE is barely acceptable, default runway and taxiway textures, etc... Stuttering, not too much autogen. Zero support on their forum. I asked a simple question and got nothing but static. 15 bucks it may be, but I'm holding on to Simflyers' KIAD for now.If someone could make some larger screen shots, it'd be appreciated as well. With some AI traffic perhaps.

Mike...

Hello,I purchased all of BluePrint scenery packages, I wanted to see what they brought to the FS table so-to-speak. I think, their products would make Good Quality "FREEWARE", but not "PAYWARE", not by todays standards.I've included two top down shots, if you would like to see others I can add more. I don't like the fact that they just added the extra runway and left FS2004 scenery in between the two runways as shown. I also have a tree problem with Blue Print, on the lower right hand side of KIAD there are trees on the airport.I have since reinstalled my Simflyers KIAD airport.Blue_Print_KIAD.jpgSimflyers_KIAD.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks for those shots. Looks better top down than KCLE. But that fourth runway, oh my. I'm actually working on Simflyers' grass textures right now. A while ago I stumbled apon an interesting tweak: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=21037. Doing the same for KIAD works quite well also. There's default grass underneath anyway, so why have the ugly grass on top of that, huh. Playing around with KATL now.

Mike...

Guest Keyno-onyeK

""I think, their products would make Good Quality "FREEWARE", but not "PAYWARE", not by todays standards""aint that the truth.I have the last one they produced, ill wait on this one for more eye candy.EDIT.........***went to their site, looks better than i thought. I will buy it.***Keyno

Michael, Is that FS9? If so, you are missing something because in my FS9 setup with this new KIAD, I have real nice ground textures for the whole airport that came with the package. I also have no trees intruding on the taxiway or wherever...something got hosed up on your install. I can see you don't have anything on the ground compared to what I have. Check out what I have showing in FS9:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172437.txt

Eric 

As well, I have 24 files in my scenery folder and 542 files in my texture folder to help you compare.

Eric 

Hello,I have 542 files in textures and 24 in scenery. Total size is Scenery = 3.15 megTexture = 237 meg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You sure you downloaded the FS9 version and not the FSX version right? If so, I would uninstall and reinstall. I also have UT USA and GE Pro but it looks like you have that as well. Nevertheless, it should not affect what I am seeing vs. what you are seeing. If all else fails, try making it the top priority in your scenery.cfg

Eric 

Hi Alex,I got the following quote from Blue Print (Ignacio)."There is an issue with the technique that we use to render tarmac markings, using transparent planes. For those to display properly, they need to be set a few inches above the ground. Otherwise they flicker. With the ground scenery shadows option selected in FSX, these planes will have a shadow, and the tarmac will not look right. In FS9, the models do not have shadows at this time."

I see that they have the udvar hazy air and space center in there that MS left out for whatever reason.Mike, you need to fix your sig because you have broken image links next to your photo pic.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup