Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

KMSP from FRF STUDIOS

Hi Ron, sorry but I am confused. I assume you are you saying that the KMSP_ILS_JV.BGL is the file that needs to be moved to Addon scenery/scenery. The original placement according to both readme's was scenery/generic/scenery, which is where I have it, but it seems to act differently in Wil's FRF-KMSP scenery package. Wil, glad to see you stopped by to take a look - thanks again for the scenery and taking time to respond.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

It only worked in the scenerygenericscenery folder correctly as described correctly by the authors. I was questioning if the KMSP_LC_jv.BGL had any effect in there in this application.

What the "LC" file does, is get rid of some inappropriate urban landclass texture and replace it grass landclass texture (or something approximating that) alos prevents autogen from popping up on the new runway. Note that the KMSP (NOT THE AF2_KMSP) file contains numerous scenery objects. Some of these, such as terminals need to be excluded. This will only happen if the file is at a lower priority than the FRF KMSP files. That's why it should be in genericscenery. I think also this file has the taxisigns for 17/35, so if you don't use this file you won't have these signs even if you install FRF KMSP.scott s..

Thank you for this information. I was not sure if stacked (by priority) excludes worked. I did think that LC generally stood for land class files. I did not want excludes to exclude excudes :)