Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Crashto.zip

Does anyone have the seasonal crash to desktop fix saved somehwere? Its called crashto.zip Im reinstalling the sim and I need the terrain.cfg files from it. I have the textures. I'd appreciate the help, the website it used to be on is gone. Thanks!!Hornit

Not sure what the terrain.cfg tweaks are in those files, but I replace every MaskClassMap=3 and MaskClassMap=1 with MaskClassMap=0.

Mike...

Ok I think thats it, at least for the airport grass polygons, but There was something in that fix which involved textures for the airport grass. Anyone else have it??Thanks.

Hi,I'm curious about this.what does changing MaskClassMap=3 and MaskClassMap=1 with MaskClassMap=0 actually do ?I thought the 9.1 patch sorted this out, or did I miss something.Thanks.

If you use a third party landclass like FS genesis your airport grass polygons will not be uniform and the underlying class will appear where there should be grass. Its not 100% true but it is for many airports and to me destroys the look of the airfiled.Its not a huge issue, but the fix Im talking about made it like FS2002 with regards to the added landclass. It consisted of a new group of textures which were used for the airport polys and a new terrain cfg using them. The website for the German designer who came up with it no longer works.Hornit

I found it on one of my HD's, I have three in the old system, re-copying everything over this last week. Man talk about a lot of junk! :)Hornit

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Hornit,Think you could sling me a copy, please?Many thanks.lgd14 at paradise.net.nz

>Hi,>>I'm curious about this.>>what does changing MaskClassMap=3 and MaskClassMap=1 with>MaskClassMap=0 actually do ?>>I thought the 9.1 patch sorted this out, or did I miss>something.>>Thanks.No you didn'tAnd it does.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077