Sign in to follow this  
BillW

Probably a dumb question......

After a trip to Alaska, I've gotten interested in float planes. My question is, after installing the plane, how do you place it in the water? By slewing or what?

Bill,Start up FS go to say Juneau and choose "Juneau harbour"look at runway/starting position and you will notice se water etc. just select the correct float plane(or eles Blurb. blurb) and you are set to goDouglas

Guest kingairvols

Also, If you D/L an amphibious (speel ck) ((a float plane that also has retractable wheels)) you can go to Stevens Anchorage AK and taxi into the water via a ramp simuliar to launching a boat.I am unsure of the negatives to say a Beaver thats amphibious -vs- a float model only except the isue of weight and the loss of storage due to the retactable gear inside the floats.It seems that a Beaver thats amphibious is the way to go. Hope this helps a bit.Mark.

That would be the ideal situation. I'm looking for one now. I really had a ball flying in the Beavers. Thanks for the help.

Try the freeware Piper Tri-Pacer, or Maule for starters. Both excellent aircraft.The payware Carenado 206 has an 'amphibian' package available, as does one of my favorites, the Real Air Scout.I also have the AS Beaver, but the FS9 version is getting a bit 'long in the tooth'. The FSX version sure looks great though.