Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Best easy to fly GA plane?

Hi.I seem to be flying in FS9 less these days because I cant get enough time for flying. Setting up flight plans etc, then setting up aircraft to fly often takes 30-60 minutes before you even get in the air.I am looking for the best GA aircraft that is fun and realistic to fly but doesnt require much setting up. Basically one that you can load up, put some fuel in, go through a quick checklist then get into the air. I don't want to be bothered with VOR to VOR navigation or anything, just get into the air and fly where the mood takes me. I know its not very realistic to do it that way but this is a virtual world and whatever you fin the most fun goes, imo.I would be really greatful for any suggestions of which aircraft to buy.Andy S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There are many out there, this subject comes up often and you may want to do a search.payware:* Any Carenado aircraft.* The Eaglesoft Liberty is a great little bird, but has full avionics (GPS), but you could simply use them for situational awareness.* Any RealAir aircraft (I have the Scout package and love it, but the 260 is great as well, but too fast for short jaunts).* Digital Aviations Dornier DO-27 *in simple mode* (but still may not be a great 'jump into' aircraft regardless).* SibWings SAAB Safir, but it is finicky about keeping the instruments in sync (particularly the Directional Gyro).* Flight 1's 172* and many more, those are some of my favorites...freeware:* The Cessna 150L just recently released in very very good.* I like the Tri-Pacer by Bill Lyons* The freeware Maule is a great aircraft* The Stearman by Robert Sanderson* There is a Grumman Tiger in the library that is actually quite good* and heck, what is wrong with the default stuff? (even though I don't fly them ;) )* and many othersIf you want to fly 'low and slow' keep that in mind. Many times I fly GA aircraft that do not 'move too fast' if I simply want to 'tool around' locally.