Sign in to follow this  
skeurton

Megascenery Mega 5-pack - ON SALE!!!

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, so I apologize if it was.PC Aviator is running a 5-pack bundle sale for their Megascenery line of products. I'd always wanted to give them a go, but prices add up and I didn't want to spend that much for all the areas I wanted to cover.After checking their site recently, I discovered that the following are being packaged together:Northern California V2Southern California V2Pacific NorthwestMid-AtlanticAtlantaThe price for all this is $35.95 + shipping. They're all the full versions, so I jumped on it right away, considering one of these normally goes for about $30. So it's a pretty good deal.Anyway, here's the link...http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=777

Guest JTEK99

Outstanding! Thanks for the heads-up.The irony of all this is that -- a few months back -- PCAviator had this same bundle on sale. I waited a day before ordering and, poof!... the deal had expired. So every once-in-a-while I've been checking to see if they have it again. Most excellent.I love having all the charts in a single booklet for these areas; totally great deal.Thanks again.

well, i got this stuff in the mail yesterday. here's an excerpt from what i wrote on my site...------------------------------------------i ordered on monday and it was delivered yesterday. i gotta say that the box was surprisingly heavy. but i guess it should be since each full kit includes approach charts and area maps.installation was a breeze, although it took a couple hours. total size for the complete installation of all five scenery packages amounted to approximately 20GB. so you can imagine why it took so long.once installed, i was eager to check out the new surroundings. i started out at Van Nuys (KVNY) in a Cessna 172. initial loading took so long that i thought my computer had froze. but it just turns out that it actually takes that long to load the new textures. that part was kind of disappointing, but once you get going, it

The first time you load, I think it takes a little longer to load because it indexes the files or something. Subsequent load for the same area should be faster.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest JTEK99

>once installed, i was eager to check out the new surroundings.>i started out at Van Nuys (KVNY) in a Cessna 172. initial>loading took so long that i thought my computer had froze. but>it just turns out that it actually takes that long to load the>new textures. that part was kind of disappointing, but once>you get going, it

Guest ThrottleUp

Wow what a deal, I wish they had downloadable versions!

This does appear to be a very good deal. Was wondering since I already use FSGenesis mesh and UTUSA will there be problems? Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Yak Yak

mega scenery will "sit" ontop of UT, so there will be no problems (i only have their Hawaii and S-Cal packages).FSGenesis is mesh, so it won't be affected at all. I believe Mega Scenery comes with it's own mesh, some of which are higher res than that of FSG (but im not 100% sure of this)...in anycase, there wont be any problems at all...-feng>This does appear to be a very good deal. Was wondering since>I already use FSGenesis mesh and UTUSA will there be problems?>>>Thanks,>Carl

Apparently this has gone bye - bye. I tried to order it and the "add to cart" button is grayed out, telling me to select my region first. US is the defualt region, I select it any way, and nothing changes.They must have sold out.

Guest NorCal Bear

I just visited the link and placed an order so it is still up and working for those who are interested. Thanks to the original poster for the link!

You're right! This time it worked. I have no idea what I did before. Thank you for making me go back and try again.This is a great deal.

Guest NorCal Bear

No problem....anytime I can help someone else spend money!

feng,thanks for your reply. I assume you have FSG and UT. I did have a concern since FSG is mesh and Mega Scenery has its own mesh there would be a conflict. Very tempting at the offered price to go for it.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Carl -- I have both and there should be no problem.