Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbm_4

AI traffic

Okay AC#1Departing CYYZ @ 0400, 1000, 1600 & 2200 local DST time each day.Did you figure the flight time, or did the compiler figure the flight time?FS normally wants the first cycle in the UTC day in the FP if you are using a cycle less than 24 hours.You might try the first flight of the day @ 0200 UTC departure from CYYZ and 0435 departure from CYSJ.The three GA aircraft don't go to CYSJ - which I assume is the Saint John you mean - not CYYTTutorials - the Help file from Traffic Toolshttp://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/ai4beg.htmhttp://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page4frame.htmlDon't worry if they metion FS2002 - the principles are the same for all three versions of FS with AI traffic - you can worry about any version specific details after you get the basics down solidly.AI flight plans seem extremely compilicated and difficult - until you get your head wrapped around the first few you write - then it's easy.

Guest jbm_4

Thanks RFields5421,Those final three flightplans are you start and cysj and go to those area's. Also, they do that flight everyday, even thought it says only monday.Regarding the first one. The aircraft is to leave toronto at 10 and get to CYSJ, Saint John New Brunswick at 12:30 ish. Is that what the FP says? I'll read up with those links you have me, maybe I'll be able to figure it out:P

Guest jbm_4

ok, I think I got it, but one question, the repeat hours. If I want a plane to go from CYSJ to CYYZ, then back, I should have the repeat on 24. right? Now lets say that the plane is to finish at 1300, will the plan be at the airport parked for the rest of the day?

Guest jbm_4

After the plane lands at the final destination, if its 24, will the plane sit there for the rest of the 24 hours?Also how do we make the AI traffic use more then one runway at an airport?

Hi,Yes, it will sit at the airport until it's next flight. Most people will add more legs to the flight plan so it can fly other places instead of sitting around, but that's your choice.You use the AFCAD "star" technique to make FS use more than one non-parallel runway, but that can be quite difficult. You can do a search for star runway to read up on it.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest jbm_4

Hi Tom, I'll be reading up on that! If I use the week senting on a flight plan, and Fly on a friday, will the plane be parked for the rest of the week?

Guest jbm_4

Also, now that I think of it. How do we add airports that DON"T have default traffic. Such as CYES. I added the coordinates in the Airport.txt doc from AI flight creator, but the plans don't show up in the game.

To be totally honest - I've never used AI Flight Creator - always working on my flight plans by hand.Building the airports.txt file by either copying them from a master I keep, or using AITM's feature for large plans.

Guest jbm_4

ok but when you right it by hand and use the week, does the plane stay at the airport the rest of the week if I have it flying on Monday's? Also, can any one help me with making an airport that was not on the list accept AI traffic?

Yes, they'll sit there all week. A lot of folks use this practice as a means of placing static aircraft into their sceneries, i.e. write a weekly flightplan where the aircraft does a quick flight in the middle of the night once a week, the rest of the time it spends parked at the airport serving as a static scenery object.Three things are required to add traffic to an airport. 1, obviously you must have a flightplan that includes a stop at the proposed airport. 2. the airport must be included in the airports.txt file along with it's coordinates and elevation, and 3, the airport must have parking spaces or the AI will not fly there. The latter is likely your problem as it seems you have the other two under control. You can use Afcad to add parking spaces to airports that don't have them.My personal thoughts are that you should set AI Flight Creator up on the shelf for a while, download Traffic Tools and Afcad, both by Lee Swordy and read the documentation that comes with both apps. Traffic Tools comes with a utility called "CollectAirports.exe" that creates an index of all airports with their coordinates and elevations in the same format that's used in all the airports.txt files. You can then copy & paste to add an airport to your airports.txt file. Once you understand the basics of setting up AI flightplans by hand with the help of the Traffic Tools readme.htm, you will be in a much better position to use AI Flight Creator because you'll have a good understanding of what's taking place behind the scenes. You'll also see what limitations are imposed upon you in using it, and my guess is that you will ultimately prefer to do your flightplans manually. I'm not saying AI Flight Creator is useless, it definitely has it's place and I use it myself, but without knowledge of the .txt files it creates you're pretty limited to what you can do.Again that's my opinion, although with people's apparent aversion to reading nowadays (myself included), admittedly it's not a very popular one :) .[link:library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=46238&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root]AFCAD v2.21][/bJim

Guest jbm_4

Hi Jim,Thanks for the advise/help. I'm finding that I learn something new everytime I play around with things!:) Quick question about the week thing, are you sure about that? If I place a certain day next to my time, it doesn't JUST fly/stay around for that day? I can't seem to find the aircraft another day of the week. I just want to make sure of what that feature does

Well, I'm not sure about anything, but I've been using the technique myself to place the default Cub in this crusty old hangar at 65S, and he's been there every time I start the sim for the last month or so:http://www.cat-tamer.com/attach/cub_prkd_quon.jpgHere's the flightplan:AC#1,NC77583, 51%,WEEK,VFR,0/08:03,0/08:38,045,R,0000,57S,0/08:50,0/09:25,045,R,0000,65SHis parking spot is (inside the hangar) designated "CUB" in afcad, and I put "atc_parking_codes=CUB" into the acft.cfg to keep him in that particular spot and keep the other AI out.Are you sure you have adequate parking at your airport, and your AI percentage is high enough? It's not by any chance the other airport in your flight plan that he's hanging out at all week, is it?Jim