Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Wilco 767 PIC

I have had this simulator for a long time, since fs95 and I never went out and purchased Wilco's 767 PIC. I have finally decided that today, I am going to go out and get it. I went to the Wilco website and started looking at it. But, from what I can see you have to order it, and they then ship it to you. Is there a way that you can download it just like they do with most addons these days. If there is, please give me a direct link so I can find it. Thanks for your help.Tadd Garcia

Guest CharlesH

Hi Tadd:767 PIC is not available for download not to my knowledge. Its only aviable on CD.Charles

Guest ba747heavy

Tadd --No, you need to order it. I would recommend buying it from the avsim store.Fred Clausen

Yes, by all means order it and pair it up with a Posky 767-300. However, I must warn you now. Once you fly this thing, you may never want to fly another heavy again. I used to enjoy flying many heavies, including the default 737, 747, and 777.... However, after 767 PIC, I have never been able to consider those others again. Compared to the 767 PIC, the other heavies feel amateurish, plastic, and boring. 767 PIC is simply the best there is, even though some might consider aspects of it to be somewhat dated. 767 PIC is the best.RobbPaired up with a POSKY 737-300, it can be a stunning experience.

Guest phil

Tadd,get it and enjoy it. It's a real classic.As others have said the base product is only available in a CD version, but the upgrade for FS2002 is available for download. Apart from the Wilco site, you can get the FS2002 patch from Eric Ernst's site]. Of course, you'll want to check on the 767 PIC forum here, where you'll find lots of interesting data and helpfull fellow PIC users.phil[/bPS. Does anyone know if the FS2002 patch comes on the lastest CDs?

Ah when you do get PIC 767, please feel free to download my VFR panel used by the hardcore PIC flyers. Just search the library under 767 in FS 2002 panels.FS2002 patches are NOT on the CD so you will need to DL them from Wilco's site. Just use the 3.6 meg one and NOT the 1.1. Do not install the 1.3 unless you own an external MCP or you will have problems. And be sure to visit us on the 767 forum.........Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

As Robb said, it is by far, ONE of the best panels ever done for MSFS. You will only kick yourself for not flying one of the most real panels ever done. It set the bar years ago and still few have come up to the same standard as the PIC767. There is NO comparison to the default planes. A few of the other developers here on the AVSIM site have come close, but for total realism PIC is still king.CheersBob Johnson

Who needs one of those silly virtual cockpit things that don't work properly? Using PIC might turn you into a bit of a Luddite like me :-)Highly recommended!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Rockcliffe

Randy:I downloaded your TCAS gauge last week and love it. Very clever and a nice addition to the panel.And I'll put in my two cents worth as well and say PIC 767 is still the best add on going for MSFS. I've had it a year and it still surprises me with new things to do an learn.(I was lucky and found my in the discount bin at Radio Shack for $20, knowing what I know now I'd pay three times as much).BlairCYOW

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I too found it at Radioshack for an insanely low price. What a steal!

Guest daves0

You can buy my copy for $60US any day :)>Randy: >I downloaded your TCAS gauge last week and love it. Very >clever and a nice addition to the panel. >And I'll put in my two cents worth as well and say PIC 767 >is still the best add on going for MSFS. I've had it a year >and it still surprises me with new things to do an learn. >(I was lucky and found my in the discount bin at Radio Shack >for $20, knowing what I know now I'd pay three times as >much). >Blair >CYOW

Thanks for the compliment but that's not my TCAS gauge! It is my VFR panel though. Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

It's the fact that a real 767-300 pilot was passionately involved in the project. It was his goal to make the 767PIC mirror as realistically as possible the real 767-300. The flight model is very different from the others and is probably as important a reason to buy this thing than the panel.Robb