Sign in to follow this  
smike33

OOM errors and CTD's

I have the 3GB patch installed.I do notice textures taking slightly longer to load, and when I say that I mean a hiccup longer. It is more annoying than anything else. More so at places like Fly Tampa or Aerosoft scenery's that have high detail.It is NOT as annoying as an OOM error, BONG! As I'm coming down to FL100 from a 5 hour flight! The patch cured the OOM errors for me.I do have one other side effect. AES will get g3d.dll errors with the patch installed. Oliver from AES is working on a fix for this, until then I don't use AES.

There has to be more to the AES issue though. I use AES and the /3GB workaround and have never had that error...There has to be another variable.Alstiff, I am more than happy to work off line to figure out what is different between our boxes and try to help you resolve the issue.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 @ 3.8Asus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 1T @ 936Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Yes, my AES works as normal with the patch installed,>>M.Interesting.Are you flying from and AES airport to start with? If so it's loaded into memory from the get go, thus you won't get the error.Seems to be an issue when you start at an airport that is not AES active and then fly over an AES airport or to an AES aiport. The gd3.dll error happens when you get to roughly 6 miles from the airport, right as AES kick's in.Oliver said he knows what causes the issue but needs Marizio to fix the ViMaIScn.DLL......

No, I haven't tried flying from a non-AES airport to an AES airport: it sounds as if I will get the same thing as you then. I'll try it later. Hopefully the tweaked dll file won't be long in arriving,M.

Well, I just flew a short flight into my Aerosoft Heathrow 2008, from a non-AES airport. I didn't get any problems and AES worked as normal for taxiing etc.Do you always get crashes when flying into an AES airport from a non-AES one or is this just an intermittent thing? I must admit that I am always wary of flying into major airports long-haul, even with the 3GB patch installed, as the 'strain' on an already drained system of hitting somewhere like EGLL, JKFK, KLAX etc. after FS has already been running for some hours seems to be asking for trouble! Sadly.M.

If you get CTD,s when flying from a non AES airport to an AES airport position yourself an the destination airport first,ensure AES has initialised by pressing Ctrl-shift-W then reposition yourself at your departure airport and you wont get a CTD as you approach your destination.A bit long winded but seems to work for me until the AES developers get the problem sorted.Regards

>Well, I just flew a short flight into my Aerosoft Heathrow>2008, from a non-AES airport. I didn't get any problems and>AES worked as normal for taxiing etc.>>Do you always get crashes when flying into an AES airport from>a non-AES one or is this just an intermittent thing? I must>admit that I am always wary of flying into major airports>long-haul, even with the 3GB patch installed, as the 'strain'>on an already drained system of hitting somewhere like EGLL,>JKFK, KLAX etc. after FS has already been running for some>hours seems to be asking for trouble! Sadly.>>M. Like I said, it happens when you START at an non AES airport.Even if you fly over an AES active airport on a flight that may not include an AES airport you will get the g3d.dll.The problem is when the DLL calls for the scenery to kick in. With the memory patch installed the DLL gets a fault when calling on the scenery.As mentioned, you can always load your flight an AES airport and then switch to the airport you really want to depart from so AES is pre loaded into memory.I just disabled AES until it gets fixed.

Well, like I said, I did "START" from a non-AES airport, going into Heathrow which is AES. (Maybe you read my post too quickly). No crash or other problems showed up at EGLL..

The problem is not just related to EGLL BTW. I have had it at KBOS, EDDK and KSEA. It happens everywhere.I see you asked "Do you always get crashes when flying into an AES airport from a non-AES one or is this just an intermittent thing".I guess I did not answer that. The answer is no, but 95% of the time it does happen so it is not really hit and miss. More of a "your lucky if it does not happen" thing.Give this a try for me. Start a flight from a fresh boot. Load up a flight at EGGD and fly to EGLL, it's a pretty short flight. See if you get the error.I'm with you on the long flights thing. Until the OOM patch I would not even try one. Now I have been doing more of them than ever and no OOM errors.

EGLL was just an example. The flight I tried with no problems was EGMC-EGLL. I'll try EGGD-EGLL when I get a chance, tomorrow (Friday) if I can.M.

You can breathe a sigh of relief - yes, my FS9 also crashed during descent into EGLL from EGGD, with g3d.dll error showing in Event Viewer. The previous flight, in which all went fine, must have been one of those lucky flukes!The only thread I can see re. this on Aerosoft's forum is this one:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=17418I'd really like to see what Oliver says about this, because we are all now between the devil and the deep blue sea: either get OoM crashes or do without AES (very hard once one has got used to it - and bought all those credits!). Or, yes, start at an AES airport then move on - OK for a temporary stopgap but a bit of a pain long-term.Could you possibly post the URL of any other threads on this subject that you know of, especially the bit about neeeding "Marizio to fix the ViMaIScn.DLL"? Thanks,Martin :-)

BTW, I also noticed that I am missing some AES sounds. For instance, I get "blocks in position", but no jetway warning siren as it moves into place; I get the lady saying "boarding completed", but no welcoming hellos beforehand. Other messages seem to be clipped, with words missing.Is that something you (anyone) noticed too?M.

Hello Martin and welcome to the hair pulling side! We had quite a big thread going over at Aerosoft but they changed the forum and the servers recently and it was lost. We started a new one as you can see. I suggest you post on the subject as well just to let them know about another person with this problem and give it a bump as well. Aerosoft has amazing support and as I said Oliver did say he knew what was causing the problem but because he did not invent the ViMaCore2004.DLL (Maurizio did) he needed Maurizio to fix it. So it is in Maurizio's hands now. For the record, Oliver created AES around Maurizio's DLL files..... Like you, I have alot of $$ invested in credits and HATE to see it like this but the OOM errors are harder to deal with than the lack of AES. I'm also an AES addict. I'm hoping like you a fix will come soon. As for your sounds. Did you mute them in the AES help utilitie by chance? I don't hear the jetway moving because I muted it.In this folder I have 27 sound files @ 3.09MB total>>>>C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftAESSOUNDAmong them 3 jetway sounds AES_FGB1.wav, AES_FGB2.wav, AES_FGB3.wavCan you hear them when playing them with media player?

Yes, I tested the sounds last night - they all play fine in Media Player, but only some of them play in AES. I tend to back up my working AES folder to a zip file and having restored that yesterday (i.e. an AES folder that I know was working correctly at the time), the files still do not play. Very odd.I will certainly post an addition to the Aerosoft thread ..M.