Sign in to follow this  
twasono

Wilco Feelthere Airbus Vol 2 - First Impression

>Well its a simple economics things gentlemen. If people keep>supporting this crud they keep creating it. You are supporting>this crud. Thats what bothers me. In return people like me>that like realism keep getting ripped off. Sure if they want>to keep distributing this kinda software then quit charging>premium price for it. If you think I a minority int his matter>think again. I am just one of the few that is expressing thier>opinion. Many people have hid theor credit cards when they>hear the name Wilco/Feelthere. Gents I understand wehre you>are coming from. A lite version is good enough fro your>enjoyment. Thats is completely fine. PMDg has lite version of>products and they charge a REASONABLE amount. I am sure you>will agree. But please understand where people like me are>coming from too. You cant deny that if the money keeps coming>in to wilco/feelthere they will think they can get away with>the crud they are producing and keep producing it. If this>were ANY other product, video card, joystick, vehicle, I KNOW>your attitude would be exactly like mine. You dont think?Dude.. get over yourself... WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DON'T LIKE IT! Enough is enough... Take the whining over to Wilco and complain to them.And just to throw my 2 cents worth in about PMDG... I don't think $83.00 US is a REASONABLE amount for an add-on that, at best, is barely usable in FSX (unless you turn everything down and don't fly into complex airports!)Sure they make GREAT products, but the price on the 747-400X is WAY too high for the performance hit...

>glad to hear someone else is enjoying the big BussesOh, there are many more, believe me. A lot of my friends just don't write in this forum, which doesn't mean they don't fly the buses, as some could think. :)>Would you mind sharing the "lights" section from your A346 >aircraft.cfg?Would be no problem but so far I have merged only the A340-300.Here are my wing views for those of you who are able to fly the CLS/FT Airbus A340-300 merge. Just paste the view entries into the end of your VIEWS section. VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 280VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=2.5, -0.2 -34.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 80VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=-1.5, -0.2 -34.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_ZOOM=1.0 VIEW_LEFT_UP_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 260VIEW_LEFT_UP_EYE=2.5, 1.2 -20.0VIEW_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_RIGHT_UP_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 100VIEW_RIGHT_UP_EYE=-1.3, 1.2 -20.0VIEW_RIGHT_UP_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIR=6.0, 0.0, 230VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=3.0, -0.2 -06.0VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIR=6.0, 0.0, 130VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=-2.0, -0.2 -06.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_ZOOM=1.0Don't forget to bring on the modelled wings via the WV icon which you have to add to the WINDOWS section of your FT Panel cfg, like that:...Window16=ICONSTo watch the views use the default numeric keyboard comands (Num Lock ON!):5+75+95+45+65+15+3Enjoy!Best regards,Rafal

Guest monsoon

I think you are confused. It is not "Get over yourself". This isnt about me. I am not saying I am the best looking and smartest guy in the world. If i was then, yes, it is "get over yourself". This is about a product. So please get your phrases right. Thank you. As for your remarks on PMDG. I abolutely with out a thought pay that much IF the product works and especially works as advertised. As for your performance hit? Are you new to FS? this happens every time a new FS comes out. The program is designed for a computer that isn;t going to be available for 1.5-2 years. EVERY TIME. I dont blame PMDG. Go blame MS. The 747 for FS9 works flawlessly on my system. And just to top it off. Some of you are being hypocrits. It is people like me, and other people I have worked with, that beta test, and give our inputs and recommends to make the product that you have on your system right now. You ask for a product that works and works weel. I help to create that. Then you have the nerve to criticize me for what I am doing now. tell me that is not hypocrtical. The only difference is MOST companies have a beta test period. Wilco chose to let the consumer be the tester.

Monsoon, I am an EXTREMELY PATIENT person, both in Forums and my private life. But if you do not take your luggage out of at least THIS ONE THREAD and let us discuss the product we want in peace, I will have to ask the Admin for a suitable reaction. And I hope it will not be locking the thread since I want to discuss the product with people who bought it and use it.Best regards,Rafal

>I think you are confused. It is not "Get over yourself". This>isnt about me. I am not saying I am the best looking and>smartest guy in the world. If i was then, yes, it is "get over>yourself". This is about a product. So please get your phrases>right.Hence all of your "me me me talk!>As for your remarks on PMDG. I abolutely>with out a thought pay that much IF the product works and>especially works as advertised. As for your performance hit?>Are you new to FS? Um..No I am not.. are you?>this happens every time a new FS comes out.>The program is designed for a computer that isn;t going to be>available for 1.5-2 years. EVERY TIME. I dont blame PMDG. Go>blame MS. I don't blame PMDG I just think that if this program was written for a computer that is 2 years away from being available, then they should have waited two years to release their 747! Besides.. why would I want to pay MORE for an add-on than the program it was designed to run with?>The 747 for FS9 works flawlessly on my system. and mine as well.. your point? I was referring to the 747X for the program that is 2 years ahead of its time :-roll>And just to top it off. Some of you are being hypocrits. It is>people like me, and other people I have worked with, that beta>test, and give our inputs and recommends to make the product>that you have on your system right now. So then you beta tested this product and gave your input on it, huh?? :-LOL >You ask for a product that works and works weel. I help to create >that. Then you have the nerve to criticize me for what I am doing >now. What ARE you doing now? Nothing but tooting your own horn as far as I can tell.. nobody but YOU was criticizing the product here! Mine works "weel", but thanks for your concern! :-)>tell me that is not hypocrtical. The only difference is MOST>companies have a beta test period. Wilco chose to let the>consumer be the tester. YAWN!!!!I agree with Rafal.. please, monsoon, let those of us who actually ENJOY this product discuss it like adults! You'll find the sandbox to the left on your way out... play nicely with the other children please! :-)

Guest monsoon

a QUOTE right from the original poster:Honestly.. I really disappoint with this quality of released product. The bug or error that should have been noticed when in Beta testing (is there any?), still faced by customer in the released version.I am backing up what he is saying about these products. I believe that constitutes me being part of HIS post. If you want to start your own post I am sure there is lots of room on the server. A btw don't threaten me again please. I don't take threats kindly.

Guest monsoon

And to you too. Read my last post.

Guest SilverCircle

Well, I can only (so far) speak for the A343 (it's my favorite plane from this package and my fav. heavy overall).1) Exterior model is disastrous, probably the most ugly A343 model. The CFM56 engines are WAY too big and their shape is totally wrong. Also, the fuselage has wrong proportions (it's too "fat" and too short), the wings seem ok though. It's also missing quite a few details, e.g. modeled beacons (there is just a red light flashing, nothing else) and the belly is mostly flat, none of the small details, which can be found in other models, are there.2) Flight model is bogus. I mean, at 260tons TOW, it rotates after only half of the runway has passed, climbs at >4000fps while holding 220kias w/o problems? Come on, the A343 is no 757 or MD-11.3) Inacurrate a/p. At high climb or descent rates, it can overshoot the target alt by 300ft or more. I suggest, we give it a IVSM cert instead of RVSM :) Also, when it tries to control the speed by pitch (e.g. in OP CLB mode), it doesn't hold the speed, so when you start a climb at 5000ft/250kias it may overshoot up to 270kias until it settles at 2000ft higher alt.5) MCDU calcs with wrong values. Predictions are mostly wrong, opt crz alt is *totally* wrong - e.g. you get FL-34 (yes, MINUS!! FL34) as optimal cruise alt at a weight of >200 tons). The opt crz alt calculation is only ok when you input a typical A320 weight into the MCDU, so my guess is the mcdu is calculating with A32x values (yeah, load an A320 with 150 tons payload and it surely will want to fly at negative altitude :) ).6) NAV mode is behaving strangely sometimes (it always tries to get back to the track, sometimes even when using direct to feature - sometimes you just have to use it twice to make the a/c fly where you want it to fly).7) vertical profile is not always properly updated when making changes in the route (e.g. insert a SID or STAR) - the workaround is to re-enter the crz alt in which case it seems to recalculate all pseudo waypoints properly.8) Serious bug in the aircraft.cfg - engines are mounted asymmetrically, so you always have asymmetric thrust and the a/c will drift to the right when taxing or while doing the takeoff roll.I really wonder how such major issues can be overlooked by beta testers? Good things (yes, of course, there are some).Panel looks ok. The gauges are really smooth and the display quality is good. The layout, fonts and colors of the various EFIS screens are looking a lot more real than, e.g., in the PSS A340 panel.VC is ok (at day, at night there are lighting issues)Both 2d and VC are quite framerate friendly.Automatic panel/mcdu state saving works nicely. When you reload the a/c, most things are like you left them and it's quite easy to continue a previously aborted flight.Well, thats about the "first impression" - I only had a few hours of time to test it, so there may be more.

Regarding #8...FT posted a "hot fix" for it on their forum... just a couple of manual changes to the CFG file..I agree that the models aren't the greatest... thats why I've merged them with the CLS modelsAs for the other bugs... yeah.. unfortunately they are there.. but I've managed to work around most of them. Still.. I enjoy the sim! :-)

Just out of curiosity monsoon, you said earlier that you have beta tested. Would you mind telling us what products you have beta tested?In a post in another thread you alluded to being a professional pilot. Would you mind telling us what you fly? What airline/company?Thanks.

Guest monsoon

Ahhh now we are getting down to a pissing match. No I won't tell you what products I tested for. Why? Because any negativity you feel towards me I do not want reflected on these companies. I can tell you I fly 737NG for a living. Now of course anyone can say that right? Absolutely. But I could care less if you believe me or not. I don't have to prove to you I fly planes for a living, own my own house, own my own car or anything that relates to my life. These companies pick me up as a beta tester for my experience and I do prove to them my experience. Like I said anyone can say they fly planes for a living. If you do have any questions about flying or the industry itself I would be more than happy to answer them for you. Other than that I do not feel I have to prove anything.

OK, some comments to the factual remarks above (thanks for them):>I can only (so far) speak for the A343 (it's my>favorite plane from this packageSame for me :)>1) Exterior model is disastrousAbsolutely true, which I knew from the beginning.That's why I merged it with CLS. Merging is normal for me, since I often buy aircraft just for panels/systems (PSS 757/777, FT 737, RFP 747-200, FT AB vol.1). I even merged Level-D 767 with Posky, though with mixed results. LOLBy the way I wonder why, as the vol.1 models were quite good-looking ones (though not as good as the Project Airbus v2 models).>2) Flight model is bogus. I mean, at 260tons TOW, it rotates>after only half of the runway has passed, climbs at >4000fps>while holding 220kiasUnfortunately seems also true. Sad to hear that from you.I have been flying the merged version since the beginning, so I was hoping I have screwed something up and will later fix it.However, the more fuel you take (and this IS a long-haul jet) the less dramatic this situation is. I am sure it will be fixed first. Must be.>3) Inacurrate a/p...>6) NAV mode is behaving strangely sometimes (it always tries>to get back to the track>7) vertical profile is not always properly updated when making>changes in the routeI haven't experienced the trouble yet to be frank.I have made several flights so far, but only inter-european.No long-haul yet.One thing I also noticed, but it may be due to my merge effect, is getting some engine oscillations (about 10-20%) from time to time while in climb and cruize. Anyone got it too?>Good things (yes, of course, there are some).I guess more than some.It finally let me put my worn-out PSS on the dusty shelf.What is typical for FeelThere, and I am absolutely aware of that, is that their aircraft goes from satisfactory to satisfying after two or three patches. We have to remember both PMDG and LVL-D had and have them, some quite crucial.However, as said earlier, it is already an enjoyable simulation.Nothing else on the horizon, so let us fly and wait for patches.In the meantime some memories from my delivery flight from Toulouse to Zurich ;)http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/babk...size_resize.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/babk...size_resize.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/babk...size_resize.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/babk...size_resize.jpg

>Ouch! Did I touch a nerve there? Awfully defensive all of a>sudden! ;):-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao