Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

aircraft.cfg question

Hi. I wonder if someone could explain the entries atc_type= and atc_model= in the aircraft.cfg file.My EditVoicePack installation's 'View Missing' screen has a whole list of Aircraft Types and Aircraft Models that it doesn't recognise. What I don't understand are the following points:1. Whereas, for example, A300 is accepted as an Aircraft Model identifier for one a300 aircraft, it is not accepted for a different a300 aircraft (different a/c folder) I have installed. Why would it be OK for one and not the other?2. Why do many entries for atc_type mix bold and small case letters? I've noticed this, for years in fact, but never really understood why this is done. For instance:atc_type=BOeiNgWould an entry atc_type=Boeing cause problems then?3. Is there a list somewhere of what the recognised entries for atc_type and atc_model are in FS9? Or is any entry OK in theory, the problem simply being that EditVoicePack doesn't have a sound for the identifier it is listing?Many thanks,Martin

1) As far as I know, the entries aren't case sensitive (otherwise I'd have a huge number of errors). Why people type them in like that I have no idea.2) The entries would however be sensitive to any other type of difference i.e. A300 clearly isn't the same as A-300!3) To minimise your errors, put atc_type and atc_model ONLY ONCE in each aircraft.cfg - it goes in the {General} section. Do NOT put them in each fltsim.X entry. That way, if it works once for the aircraft type, it will work for all the repaints.4) I don't think you are right in saying that what works in one aircraft can fail to work in another - if the entries are identical, they either work for both or for neither.5) There is a list of IATA and ICAO aircraft type codes here. Although there is no guarantee, a lot of these codes work as ATC_models. http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/I have these entries:atc_type=Airbusatc_model=A30Band far as i know they work 5) This file is in the library icao_codes.zip - I haven't tried it but it may help.6) Here's another list: again I haven't tried it:http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/do...d/downloads.htmHope some of thta helps!

ngxu_banner.png

Download ACA 2005: http://aifs.pvdveen.net/download.htmIt's the ideal solution to get your aircraft.cfg files up to spec. If you go to Options, you can set the program to use data from EditVoicepack.Then use the error check and fix everything that needs fixing.;-)

Mike...

Thanks for the comments. I'll have a look at the links.I am careful with ICAO codes and also ATC identifiers (a huge number of add-ons, even payware, give the wrong callsigns for airlines - I think I have all mine correct and EditVoicePack has only very few now it doesn't recognise (and which are for AI a/c - can't be bothered to create a callsign for them in EVP!).Oddly, EVP was Really!) accepting A300 for one a/c folder, but not for another. May be just a temporary glitch.I am sure though that there must be some reason for the upper and lower case combinations. Nearly all my aircraft.cfg files show variations like this (BoEinG -- BOEinG etc.). Moreover, if you buy and install FSHotSFX (wouldn't fly without it!), the programme makes changes to the aircraft.cfg files, like this:[FSHS_AIBLAST]OldName=BOEINGNewName=BOeINgIt can't be doing that for nothing... Hope someone can explain exactly (or even approximately) why.M. :-)