Sign in to follow this  
Rafal

Modules in FS main folder

Wishing to explore the new excellent Klagenfut scenery I faced an error while on finals approach. FS9 thanked me for flying giving msvcr70.dll as the reason. It brought my attention to all those module files in my main FS folder. I happen to have as many as 18 of them. And I am not even talking about the Module folder where I've got 50!Guess all modules are read by MFS on start-up and it must influence its performance somehow.Various applications install various modules and the collection, as seen on my example, may grow to quite a significant size.My questions are:1. Do you guys have so many dlls (runtime and not only) in you FS main folder?Some of them are: mfc70.dll, msvcp70.dll, msvcr70.dll, msxml4.dll, msxml4a.dll, msxml4r.dll plus others. Of course I recognize ones like language.dll to be original application modules, but most not.2. I have used the search engines and found threads about msvcr70, but those usually meant someone did not have this module in the system at all, which is not the case here. I also have it in the System32 folder.The question is: should I have this and other simmilar modules:a) only in the main FS folder?:( only in the Windows' System 32 folder?c) in any of them?d) in both of them together ?I'd be really thankful for answers since I am really confused about it.I tried to find answers but I didn't.I use:-Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (updated regularly)-FS9.1 + many addons (UTE, GEPro, FSUIPC, ASV65, etc)-an aging PC (AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2.01GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro)Best regards,Rafal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I posted a while ago about removing modules. It was something I saw suggested in another post and I decided to try it as I had noticed a definite slowdown in fps over time. I basically tried removing all none Microsoft modules except the PMDG one as I wanted to use the 737 as an example of a plane that used to work better. Th experiment was very successful. I ended up putting most of the modules back without slowing the sim down, but I never got to the end of the experiment and still have a few of the modules in a backup folder. I don't have the ones you list though. It's no problem removing modules, if you remove an essential one the sim just won't start with an error message listing the culprit, replace it and try again.John