Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max

Scenery problem...Dang.

Well, I installed the beautyful LOWK and LOWS scenery's, but here be the issue: When I load my A/C at either of these airports, all is well. If I fly TO either of these airports from some other distant location, there is HUGE bleedthrough on the runway and tarmacs which does not cease. (kind of a patchy flickering of the new scenery and the old underneath). I love these airports, and would love to fix this problem!Thanks ahead of time guys.Max

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe you're not using Austria Professional and installed files for it instead of "the others". Have a look at the install instructions to know what I mean.And it could be a bad mesh issue as well. Which one are you using for this area?Best regards,Rafal

I do not have Austa professional installed, and my LOWS and LOWK installations reflect this. I do have Ferranti & Sandmann's mesh installed for europe.....Max

Max,I have the same mesh installed as you and experience no bleed through at either LOWK or LOWS. There must be something else interfering...I suggest a simple experiment:-copy your scenery.cfg to a safe place.-Open scenery.cfg and delete all entries AFTER the "Addon scenery" except your mesh and both, LOWS and LOWK. Renumber these three entries accordingly, save and exit.-Start FS and take a look if the bleed through is still there. If not, then some other scenery is the culprit. To be on the safe side, I suggest that you move all your AFCAD files somewhere safe for the duration of the experiment (if you keep them in one place - I keep mine in Addon Scenery/Scenery).- After you're done, simply copy the original scenery.cfg back in it's place and remove any one offending entry -- if you find one. Fingers crossed! I suggest you use this little program for editing scenery.cfg:SCM2004.zip - Scenery manager, by Hans HartmannRegards,Jure

OK, well, I think I have it sorted out....To be honest, I'm not sure how I did it! I think it may have been when I brought the priority up of the alps mesh above some of the default scenery's. (hihi, not too brilliant having put them there!). I did a couple of other things as well, namely delete unwantes, unused scenery, and raised the scenerys in question's priority. I did a test flight, and all seemed OK. We'll see in time. I did try some of your suggestions, which lead me to some deletion and investigating the scebery.cfg file. Well, for now, the FS world is well again.Thanks alot for the suggestions, I really appreceate the help.Max