Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Amazing Race

How many times have you sat in front of the monitor and pondered "were am I going to fly today?". If you've ever seen "The Amazing Race" you know they fly all over the world, places I've never even considered.What I've been doing is duplicating each weeks flights, eventualy you end up flying around the world. The show airs Sunday nights at 8 PM. in N. Anerica. You can also find the flights at http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/.Happy flying.............Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I love that show and have been watching since season one. Funny, I've never thought about simulating the flights, but so many of them are very long. I just can't do flights much over 2 or 3 hours. Even then I must set aside time. My preference is 1 hour and 30 minutes in smaller aircraft. I have a hard time in the Level-D 767 or PMDG 747 that's for sure. I'm always on flightaware.com looking for the shortest routes and printing them, lol

>I love that show and have been watching since season one. >Funny, I've never thought about simulating the flights, but so>many of them are very long. I just can't do flights much over>2 or 3 hours. Even then I must set aside time. My preference>is 1 hour and 30 minutes in smaller aircraft. I have a hard>time in the Level-D 767 or PMDG 747 that's for sure. I'm>always on flightaware.com looking for the shortest routes and>printing them, lolChris: Why don't you use the Options==>Sim Rate==>8x or 16x while cruising at 30,000 feet, like I do? I just went from KBOS to St. Maarten TNCM to Sao Paulo, Brazil SBSP using ActiveSky 6.5 quite challengingly in just under 3 hours -- usually 10 hour flights.Chuck B.

What I like to do is setup the flight before I go to bed. If you are using RC you can set the sim to pause at a preset distance from your destination. The next day I'll continue the flight.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this