Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Amazing Race

How many times have you sat in front of the monitor and pondered "were am I going to fly today?". If you've ever seen "The Amazing Race" you know they fly all over the world, places I've never even considered.What I've been doing is duplicating each weeks flights, eventualy you end up flying around the world. The show airs Sunday nights at 8 PM. in N. Anerica. You can also find the flights at http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/.Happy flying.............Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

I love that show and have been watching since season one. Funny, I've never thought about simulating the flights, but so many of them are very long. I just can't do flights much over 2 or 3 hours. Even then I must set aside time. My preference is 1 hour and 30 minutes in smaller aircraft. I have a hard time in the Level-D 767 or PMDG 747 that's for sure. I'm always on flightaware.com looking for the shortest routes and printing them, lol

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>I love that show and have been watching since season one. >Funny, I've never thought about simulating the flights, but so>many of them are very long. I just can't do flights much over>2 or 3 hours. Even then I must set aside time. My preference>is 1 hour and 30 minutes in smaller aircraft. I have a hard>time in the Level-D 767 or PMDG 747 that's for sure. I'm>always on flightaware.com looking for the shortest routes and>printing them, lolChris: Why don't you use the Options==>Sim Rate==>8x or 16x while cruising at 30,000 feet, like I do? I just went from KBOS to St. Maarten TNCM to Sao Paulo, Brazil SBSP using ActiveSky 6.5 quite challengingly in just under 3 hours -- usually 10 hour flights.Chuck B.

What I like to do is setup the flight before I go to bed. If you are using RC you can set the sim to pause at a preset distance from your destination. The next day I'll continue the flight.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg