Sign in to follow this  

Switched Drivers WOW 11111111

Dominik,I can't run at anything less than 85Hz otherwise I detect screen flicker which is very annoying and headache-causing. However, screen flicker is subjective so if you can live comfortably with 65Hz then stay at the higher resolution and switch off AA. But, rather than 1280*1024 you should choose 1280*960 as it retains the correct display format. Think of 640*480 and double the numbers.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Tim W

Hi BradI tried that. Now When I select properties/settings/advanced and click on the tab for my Geforce 3 TI 200 I get a message "An error occured while windows was working with control panel file C:windowssystemdesk.cpl" RegardsTim

Drivers deffinatly do make the difference sometimes. However, I have found that even though I have found the best drivers for my system (at this time)that it also depends on what your system can handle. I have found that I have to do a combination of good drivers, and keeping my scenery settings to a reasonable level.Drivers are always worth a shot when trying to increase your performance and video quality, but in my opinion you have to be reasonable about your scenery levels.The short of it I might give the Omega a try to see what they do for me....

I always had some problem or other with anti-aliasing, but I solved the jaggie problem by using a resolution of 1600 X 1200 X 16.Works well for me - very clear....Howard

Hi Trip,>the Omega's were, for me, the worst drivers I ever tried

I installed the "Preformance" option and I no longer have a GF tab whatsoever? I would like to overclock my card like it was, and I know from the readme that overclocking does not change their tweaks, so can I just add "coolbits" back and how do I see my "options" for my card?[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest FPSFREAK

Satch, Have you cahnged your Terrain settings in your .CFG file to better utilize the drivers w VFR scenery? Try these lines in your config and let me know if it looks better.TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=4.800000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=2Bobby

Guest SoarPics

Just so folks get this all straight... the Omega drivers are not a magic bullet.As TerryT stated, the Omega's are nVidia (or ATI) drivers that have been tweaked for either "Quality" or "Performance". They are for folks who don't want to work with a driver tweaker. They will offer no special quality or performance enhancement that can't also be had by using something like Rivatuner.The real advantage of the Nvidia Omega's are that they come with the patch script already done for the user. This allows one to adjust for negative LOD settings (using a tweaker like Rivatuner). They also have the nVidia/XP refresh rate already done. These are done and in the package.The end user still must adjust FSUIPC and FS2002.cfg settings to make the best of the Omega's (or any driver) within this sim.

Does anyone know if the Omega Drivers will work with eDimensional's 3D glasses?Thanks,N

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Ray,did my DX9 test last night and nothing has changed imo; same quality as DX8.1 (on my machine).Can you please share your FS2002displayhardware settings (complete,thank you ;-))cheersLuigi

Guest jaapverduijn

I was wondering the same, so I gave it a try, and they do! Very pleasingly so, I'm happy to add.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest hermes

Hi,May be this can help you :I recently upgraded my MSI-Nvidia drivers for Geforce 4200 128Mo.With new drivers there was a big problem with aliasing, either I set antialisaing within FS2k2 or directly in MSINvidia tweaking, until I use the overclocking auo-adjust tool (see picture) and now all is correct with antialisaing tuned x4 in MSINvidia tweaking.

Guest Tim W

>> I installed the "Preformance" option and I no longer have a>GF tab whatsoever? I would like to overclock my card like it>was, and I know from the readme that overclocking does not>change their tweaks, so can I just add "coolbits" back and how>do I see my "options" for my card?>Randy, Apparently ot can make a difference what drivers you had installed before you updated to the Omega. Mine were Nvidia 30.82 what were yours and how do you add "Coolbits" back?RegardsTim

Guest rbbarker

I installed Omegas in Performance Mode last night on my system and my 3D Mark 2003 score jumped over 200 marks.Processor AMD Athlon XP2100+ Motherboard Soyo Dragon Ultra PlatinumChipset VIA KT333 (Hyperion 4in1 v4.45 drivers) RAM Samsung 256MB PC2100 DDR (x's 2) Primary Video Card Visiontek GeForce Ti4600 (Omega KX 1.4345 drivers) Secondary Video Card Generic 16MB PCI Monitor (Primary) NEC MultiSync E750 (17") Monitor (Secondary) AOC Spectrum 7Vlr (17") Monitor (Overhead) Compaq V50 (15") Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1 DirectX Version 9.0a3D Mark 2003 Score 1829 3D marksBoyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainKBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineshttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/DFexperience.jpghttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

....and my score jumped from 1456 with the 41.80s from Creative Labs to 1754 with the Omega 43.45s ('Quality' installation).Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo (FSB 400Mhz)Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR Ram3D Blaster4 Ti4400 Sony Multiscan G200 17" Monitor (1280x960x32)SB Audigy Player (Drivers version 5.12.01.0253 Signed)Deskstar 120GXP UDMA100 HDs x 2 (60 and 40 Gig)CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals and FighterstickPlantronics Headset and Mike comboPlexWriter 40/12/40APioneer DVD-106SWindows XP Home Edition (SP1)DirectX 9.0AGP Aperture = 128MBNo overclocking of CPU or GPUMike