Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Stuttering Problem

I know, I know stuttering can be caused by SO MANY things, but please allow me to explain my situation so someone might be able to help me narrow it down.When I start a flight in FS9, everything run well at first. It isn't until about 1 hour into the flight session things degrade and the stuttering begins. Therefore, I am thinking it is not a texture problem, backround application problem, or video card problem, as these issues would lead to stuttering right from the start; correct?I have a fairly old system:2.6 GHZ Celuron (SP)2.0 GM RAMGeoforce PCI Card (512MB RAM)Any thoughts?

Your sig lists a 512MB PCI card, are you sure it's not PCI Express, it almost has to be if it does actually have 512MB of memory. If it is PCI, then it probebly only has 128MB at most and you could be runing out of video memory. Kevin Reems? has a utility called MemStatus, which will verify if this is occuring. Otherwise, too much system and/or graphics board heat would be an scenario I would consider. Have you given your rig a good cleaning lately?Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

When the stuttering occurs, try invoking the FS command "Refresh Scenery". I have it mapped to the Pause/Break key- does wonders for a slowly diminishing FPS- espec before landing. There is a 3 or 4 second pause to collect your wits, then restores FS @ full FPS.Alex Reid CYYJ

Nope, it's just a regular 'ol PCI card, and yes, they did make a 512MB version.Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give 'em a try.

Do aearch for a program called filemon, it helped me fixed my problems. I have a fairly powerfull pc but for some reason the 3d lights in Ultimate terrain europe were messing up my computer even when I was flying out off Europe.Rob

Rob Prest

>Do aearch for a program called filemon, it helped me fixed my>problems. I have a fairly powerfull pc but for some reason the>3d lights in Ultimate terrain europe were messing up my>computer even when I was flying out off Europe.>>RobGood suggestion, I was just coming back offer it up. Or you can try Process Explorer too, which contains FileMon with a whole lot more and can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...ssexplorer.mspxRegards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest JTEK99

>I have a fairly powerfull pc but for some reason the>3d lights in Ultimate terrain europe were messing up my>computer even when I was flying out off Europe.rob:Do tell. How did you find out that the lights were the problem? I've never heard of that happening with the UT series.