Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

White trees at night

I was flying around washington state at night when I noticed that the trees are all white and really stand out in the dark. I would have hit one of the hills due to ATC's improper altitude assignment but because the trees are so obvious I knew I was descending too low. While it saved my virtual life I find it very unrealistic. I am using the very popular reduced autogen texture pack in the library. I can't think of any other custom texture in my FS9 that would matter in this situation. Is this simply because it's winter season? Or I should get some better autogen textures?Could someone shed some light on this? Thanks! Jasonhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183321.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only thing I can think of is maybe you are missing the night time texture and it is still showing the daytime texture at night. Not sure though, I think I have the same autogen package installed and haven't noticed this. Good luck getting it figured out,Cheers,Scott

Thanks for the replies. First of all, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think there are night textures for trees in FS. I believe snow is actually the answer. :) The "hard winter" tree textures are basically pure white. It looks right at daytime with the ground texture also being mostly white. But at night ground goes pitch black, leaving the white trees floating in space. I guess that's just how it is in the FS "virtual reality". Jason