Sign in to follow this  
greenland

Jus a little idea to reduce FS9 startup CPU power

Hi allYesterday I got and tried an idea to spare some loading power.I always start with the default Flight, though moved far away from Seattle or Chicage to a little remote place with very sparse scenery.I use the C-172 as startup Aircraft.In the Aircraft Folder I made a copy of the Panel, Sound and a texture Folder, replaced these copies in the same Folder and renamed them to Panel.none, Sound.none and Texture.none.Next step was to delete all files within these 3 copied Folders.Last step was to edit the Aircraft.cfg file. I copied the [Flightsim.0] part to the top of the file and made the steps to point at the 3 new empty Folders. I named the variation "No nothing", and made the other nessecary editing to get this thingy to work.The result is a startup situation with No sound, no panel, and an exterior look showing a textureless C172 parked on the Runway - I even removed the Tailnumber.When I goto the Aircraft selection box to select another aircraft, I start with a grey textureless C172 picture in the Aircraft selection Box, and I now go on from there.Just an idea to share with you.RegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

Guest lgvpilot1

An interesting idea but i wonder how it would affect the Pss aircraft i have ,which reccomend loading the default flight first then switching to The Pss aircraft ?Mark

Most, if not all payware addons say you must start with the default cessna, then choose your aircraft of choice.This is because FS loads certain files ; gauges etc with the cessna and this is basic starting point that addon designers work from.This is why the forums are ( or used to be) full of problems associated with people loading the addon a/c first.I dont know how much you are achieving by your idea, but I wont be trying it thanks.Peter

Peter Schluter

HiYou are probably right. I didn't know FS have to load the gauges first.I actually use the default flight, but moved to another startup airport, and now without loading the gauges etc.I have used the RFP 747, F1 ATR72-500 and Aeroworx Kingair without any problems so far!So I think I will give it a chance. It is easy to change back anyway.RegardsHenrik