Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdescente1156

AI Duplicates in FS9 (UltimateTraffic 2007 add-on)

Guest kdescente1156

Hi All!I recently did a complete format and reinstall of Vista Home Premium and FS9 along with my aftermarket addons. Since then, I've encountered a weird experience in FS9 with duplicate AI flights and aircraft. I was enroute from CYVR to CYYC and had Westjet B737 infront of me on Flight 210, and right behind me I had another Westjet B737 on Flight 210 as well; both with the same departure and destination and flightplan. I thought it was just a glitch until lining up for my approach at Calgary when I noticed all the GA AI was duplicated; 2 Cessnas flying 6 feet or so apart, etc. Since then, all AI is now duplicated in the sky and on the ground.I've uninstalled Ultimate Traffic 2007 no to avail. Im thinking the BGL file has somehow had duplicate flightplans added- but how do I fix it?Can I delete the bgl file and reinstall UT2007 so it will rebuild the AI traffic file?

Go to your Flight Simulator 9sceneryWorldscenery folder. This is where traffic files reside starting with trafficxxxxx.bgl. UT creates a traffic.bgl filename. Are there any other ones in there. The default FS9 file is traffic030528.bgl.You stated you uninstalled UT but that would not get rid of those files.I suggest you delete traffic.bgl (or just rename the .bgl extension to .bgh for now).Go into the folders that UT created and see if they are clean. If not, clear anything out.Reinstall UT and then compile a new file after setting your included airlines.. There should now be a new traffic.bgl file.Load a parked flight at one of your trouble spots in FS. If the AI are not duplicated your traffic.bgl is good. Exit FS. Copy the good traffic.bgl file to a folder you set up for backup files outside of the FS folder system and not in your scenery library folders. If things get goofed up again copy the backup to the location above.If you run UT again it should replace the same traffic.bgl file with the newly compiled one.It is odd that any data was saved with a disk reformat causing duplicated data.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/is the location of their support forum.

Yes Virgina! FS9 does work with multiple Traffic.bgl files. The past year or so has brought us a "plethora" of AI traffic files, and I'm glad of it. I have been a user of Ultimate Traffic for several years now. I was quite happy with it too. I didn't like the fact that I would loose all my aircraft assignments whenever I would have to reinstall the program, Yes I know there is a mysterious and arcane way to save those assignments, but I could never grasp the method. But I digress. If you have installed any of the WOAI files or any other flightplans, you can remove the same Airlines during the Compile process of UT. Instead of "select All", merely uncheck the Airline you don't want to compile and let the UT Compiler get rid of you duplicate Airlines and flights. I do keep up with UT's schedule updates but its getting to be too much work rebuilding the assignments data. I do most of my flying in the States, and the only reason I compile the Overseas Airline is to see them at the U.S. Airports they fly too. I'm pretty fastidious about deleting Multiple Airlines, but if I do come across some twins, I just go to the UT compiler, remove the offender and recompile. I do believe the number of free flightplans out there will soon make UT and any other Payware Software fade away into the night.Bill:-violin

Guest kdescente1156

Thanks for your reply fellas! I'll have a peek inside the belly of the FS9 folder in the morning and see how it goes. Thanks again for your help- very appreciated! :)KD1156

Guest daveusmc1775

Like Bill said, uncheck, then Compile again. It's no good to see doubles everywhere you fly. Don't feel bad. The deeper we get into simming, the harder, and more time consuming it becomes..Many thank's to ALL!DJ

I didn't like the fact that I would loose all my aircraft assignments whenever I would have to reinstall the program, Yes I know there is a mysterious and arcane way to save those assignments, but I could never grasp the method.A bit dense, are we. LOL! ;-p Just make a backup of the entire Ultimate Traffic folder. Then whenever you have to reinstall, just do so and once everything is up and running, delete the new Ultimate Traffic folder and move back a copy of the backup. Assuming of course, that UT is fully functional, it makes no sense to use a backup of a broken program. You can also just backup a couple of dat files. Schedule.dat from the Schedules folder and for example the Data folder or just selected files from it, such as AircraftAssignments.dat. As for disabling airlines in UT, the better option is to remove any assignment for a certain airline. Unchecking multiple airlines on the Compile screen is time-consuming and it's good practice to do a Clear All/Check All every once in a while or even before every compile, which would undo the disabling of airlines, naturally.

Mike...

Guest robystar

Hi,A program called TTools Companion will delete all duplicates.Roby