Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

9 Dragons removal help please?

I have attempted a complete removal but, the '9 Dragons' entry in my scenery library refuses to be deleted, edited or disabled?I have followed the instructions to the letter contained within the new version 2 .exe file and the '9 Dragons' entry in the library remains still.I went into my scenery.cfg and checked there. Nothing left there though.Any help appreciated?Please don't get this wrong, I thought the program was awesome and loved it but couldn't resolve the levels situation and the default Cessna 172 at 4.7 feet instead of 3.7 feet as it should be.This meant that I was seeing grass where I should have been seeing runway.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,Sorry to hear you could not resolve your elevation issue. Did you try uninstalling 9DV2 from the Windows> Start menu option or did you try uninstalling it a different way?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

A bit off topic Dave, but you have peaked my curiosity.That level issue - was it with your default Cessna 172 only or with all aircraft?Mine works perfectly so am baffled by your report.

Hi Clutch, I followed instructions to the letter enclosed in your v2 program because I really wanted to install.Opa, yes it was the default Cessna 172.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I'm not understanding you. In your first post you say you want to uninstall and then your 2nd post says you want to install? Which is it?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Clutch,Yes, I would love to have this scenery but, if you read my first post you will understand that '9 Dragons' the original will NOT allow removal!It will not go, even though I loaded the version 2.I then uninstalled version 2 and all was OK until I looked in the scenery library and '9 Dragons version 1 is still there because it says its needed and nothing I do, removes it!You see I cannot change the levels problem no matter what I do, mentioned previously.Now perhaps you can tell me how to remove it..........then and only then can I expect to reinstall '9 Dragons' version 2?Your instructions say that to facilitate installation of version 2 ALL THE VERSION 1 FILES NEED TO BE REMOVED. This is what's not happening!So I wind up with the same levels problem with the default Cessna 172 being at 4.7 feet instead of 3.7 feet on the ground. All this does is to show grass instead of runway as shown previously in my other thread on this matter.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ok, so if I am reading here correctly you installed 9DV2 even though you did not have 9D completely removed. And then you uninstalled 9DV2 after seeing parts of 9D still there. Sound about right?Question, when you uninstalled 9D (original version) did you first de-activate the 9D scenery from within FS9 and then delete it from the Scenery Addon window?Just curious, did you ever try a different aircraft other than the Cessna and still not see the runway?

>Ok, so if I am reading here correctly you installed 9DV2 even>though you did not have 9D completely removed. And then you>uninstalled 9DV2 after seeing parts of 9D still there. Sound>about right?>I couldn't remove the '9 Dragons entry in the scenery library at any time Clutch?>Question, when you uninstalled 9D (original version) did you>first de-activate the 9D scenery from within FS9 and then>delete it from the Scenery Addon window?>Both the 'Autogen' and 'Landclass' was removed but the '9 Dragons refuses to go!>Just curious, did you ever try a different aircraft other than>the Cessna and still not see the runway?Yes but the effect was exactly the same. I used the picture of the C172 just for example.On approach the runway is there, below 100feet it disappears

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi,If the 9 Dragons entry has gone from your scenery.cfg file then it will be gone when you view the Scenery Library.Are you looking at the scenery.cfg file in the main FS2004 folder? Please note that the entry will probably be near the bottom of the file.And what does FS say when you try to remove the entry in the Scenery Library?--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Hi,>>If the 9 Dragons entry has gone from your scenery.cfg file>then it will be gone when you view the Scenery Library.No, its still there!>>Are you looking at the scenery.cfg file in the main FS2004>folder? Please note that the entry will probably be near the>bottom of the file.Its not in the folder.>>And what does FS say when you try to remove the entry in the>Scenery Library?AS I have said, it refuses to go because it says "It's needed"!>>-->Tom Gibson>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Dave Taylor gb.png

Assuming you do find the entry in your scenery.cfg file - the one which resides in your main FS2004 folder, check to see if the entry includes this line:Required=TRUEIf it does, change it to read Required=FALSEIt should not say TRUE but that is aboit the only reason I can think of that would cause FS to say it is "needed".

Hi,That's why you're having problems - I'm pretty positive there *is* a scenery.cfg file in your main FS2004 folder (that's where it is on every copy of FS9 I've ever seen), and that's the one that counts. It must still be in there. Perhaps it is just called "scenery", with a File Type of CFG file? If so, then you should change your Folder Options in Explorer/My Computer to not hide extensions of known file types.Anyway, I'm sure the *exact* wording of the error message in FS9 is not "It's needed", is it?--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Strange one for sure. I recall having some scenery Canary Sim (I think) that would not allow me to delete saying something like your message. But when I ran their uninstaller it deleted all and I never saw that message again.I swear I thought I saw another thread on one o the FS forums with a simmer with the same issue as yours but can't remember reading if he solved it and how if that.I too thought it might be just one of the two scenery.cfg files with it still in there. Been so long... isn't their two of them - 1) in the FS9 folder and the other in a Documents and Settings folder? And don't they have to match? Again only speculation on my part.

Hi,Well, that text is certainly different than "It's needed". :)That indicates that the sim thinks that this is part of the default core of the sim, and should not be inactivated. I suspect that there is an entry in the scenery.cfg file (something like required=1) that is preventing this. I am not at my sim computer and cannot check this, though.The other possibility is that the 9 Dragons installer installs this scenery to a certain scenery.cfg entry number reserved for default scenery.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___