Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

AI Traffic Timetable

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi folks, Can anyone recommend any utiliuty that will simply give me a timetable of all my AI traffic at a certain airport?I used to use ACA2005 but this was a few years ago on an old PC and just wondered if there were any better utilities for doing this. I use multiple bgl files as I have one per airline. Any IdeasThanksNick

I'm not certain this is what you have in mind but the free Traffic Toolbox utility from Microsoft easily displays all AI traffic in the area and what each aircraft's status is - i.e. sleep, taxi-out, take-off, enroute, landing, taxi-in etc.It also displays the departure and destination airports and the estimated times.By clicking on any aircraft in the display you are put in spot view of that aircraft and can watch it - up to approx. 128 nm.To me, this is one of the most useful enhancements you can add.Download the TrafficToolbox SDK and install it anywhere. Then place the TrafficToolbox.dll in your modules folder. A new tab will then be seen on the menu bar at the top of your screen when in windowed mode - called Tools.Click on it - and select Traffic Toolbox. You can also set your AI settings with it and turn labels on off etc.This site has the link to the download:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857Hope this is helpful.

This is a little more painful but I'll mention it because I do it all the time. If you get the most excellent Ttool program by Lee Swordy and disassemble the traffic.bgl, it produces a text file of the flights. Granted, this is a very large file stemming from the default traffic file. I think MS built it using a Cray or something. NEWay, your smaller one-per-airline files should work well. Import this .txt into Excel and whammo, you can sort, change, etc. all the data. Then if you changed anything, rebuild with Ttool and fly. Note that this is a simplified description, any edits must conform to the traffic engine syntax but it really isn't that difficult.What is ACA2005? Is it free? I would like to see this.dolph

That is either a bad link or the site is down.All I get is an error message saying site cannot be found.

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for the early comments here guys. Thanks David - I have used the Traffic Toolbox previously for general AI stuff and I have forgotten about it until you have just mentioned it so will download this. Thanks!Dolph - Thanks for the suggestion and whilst I am sure it will work it would take me quite a while to decompile and import all into excel and get a readable timetable but thanks. Looks like I will stick with ACA2005 then as I can get an insatnt timetable of all ai traffic (as well as other things) for an airport even though i have multiple bgl traffic files. Here is the link if you require:http://aifs.pvdveen.net/download.htmThanks people

FYI - The Traffic Toolbox utility does not care how many traffic files you are using - it even tells you which traffic file the aircraft comes from.

Guest H_Kev55

yRoute will do what you're looking for. It will display every flight into and out of an airport and will also show you which airport a specific aircraft flies into and at what times.While not as comprehensive as ACA, I use it in conjunction with ACA.With yRoute you only have to load a specific flight plan text.http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.htmlKJ

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks David - do remember using it before so will give that a goKJ - It sounds like yroute is as good so will give it ago but in ACA in does not matter how many bgl files you have it will give you a time table of any airport from however many bgl files you have. I presume you are saying if you load just one one flightplan text in yroute it will just read that specific flightplan (not all plans). And does this mean you would have to de-comile before using in yroute?If that is the case then I can do all of that in AITM (which I use alot) I am just looking for a program like ACA that can instantly read bgl files and make a timetable for the whole airport across mutiple bgl files.Thanks