Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opa

Jog My Memory, please

I am assisting a new simmer who is also new to computers.He has FS2002 which I have not had on my machine for a couple of years.If someone still has FS2002 installed, please Jog My Memory and tell me how the Scenery Library is accessed after the program has been started.I seem to remember you get to it somewhat differently than we do in FS2004.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm pretty sure: From the opening screen click on SCENERY LIBRARY.

You get in the same way as with FS9 (Settings > Scenery Library) from the main GUI, the difference is that you can also access it with a flight loaded from World > Scenery Library (press ALT for menu bar). Another difference is that you don't have to exit & restart the sim, it will "Build database for new scenery files" and load the new scenery as soon as you exit the Scenery Library.I still have FS2002 installed on a very dusty old corner of my hard drive if you need answers to other questions down the line let me know.Jim

>I'm pretty sure: From the opening screen click on SCENERY>LIBRARY.Oops! Sorry, I was wrong. Thanks Jim for stepping up.Here's an old tutorial for adding scenery to FS2002 that may be helpful to the new user...in addition to Opa's help.http://www.simviation.com/lair/fs2002sc.htm

Thanks Jim -Just turned 73 and the memory is not what it used to be.

I'm a bit older. Now, concerning memory...I'm still attracted to woman, but I can't remember why. :(