Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueString

Black screen after 20 seconds... then CTD

It just started today, after I my flight loads up I get ready to go. Then all of a sudden I get a black screen, my mouse turns into circle(Vista's not responding thing) and FS9 does not respond. A minute later it crashes to desktop. How do I fix this? This is what the error report says that caused the error.Files that help describe the problem: C:UsersJoeAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFS9fs9.CFG.txt C:UsersJoeAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFS9scenery.cfg C:UsersJoeAppDataLocalTempWERDBAD.tmp.version.txt C:UsersJoeAppDataLocalTempWERF485.tmp.appcompat.txt C:UsersJoeAppDataLocalTempWER3B53.tmp.mdmp

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Probably not gonna help much but I would start by rebuilding the fs9 config file and go from there.

Possible faulty afcad or scenery maybe - i'd start disabling stuff starting with most recent additions..regards,Mark

I would begin troubleshooting by doing a default flight in a defualt plane from a default airport with all 3rd-party sceneries disabled. From experiences I have had 9 times out of 10 its an errant addon thats causing some mayhem.Do a flight in the default Cessna and see if anything happens and as has been mentioned - review the latest addons you enabled recently that might have caused this.