Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

PSPanels wind direction arrow

Hello I thought i would try this query again as got no joy before.I have the very nice PSPanels freeware panel in all my 737/700,800 and 900s all works fine but i am sure the wind direction arrow is reading incorrectly.If i use shift z to bring up the FS9 display of speed,wind direction etc the speed shown matches the display in the panel,but the direction is completely different,somebody suggested magnetic variation or suchlike before,but i think its just wrong.There must be plenty of PSPanels users out there so let me know what you think please when you use the panel and compare the panel reading to the SHIFT Z reading.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

How about a filename and location to DL ?I would like to see if I can duplicate what you are describing.

>How about a filename and location to DL ?>>I would like to see if I can duplicate what you are>describing.>>Hello DavidIf you type "Paul Scarratt" into the AVSIM search all files section that will bring it up.Its "PS Panels 737NG" you want.A very nice panel.Andy

Thanks.Just downloaded it but have not installed it yet as I have been reading through the documentation.I noticed there is a section on setting the IRS alignment which may affect what you described.Did you try that?

>Thanks.>>Just downloaded it but have not installed it yet as I have>been reading through the documentation.>>I noticed there is a section on setting the IRS alignment>which may affect what you described.>>Did you try that?>> HelloYes i always do that before i taxi.cheers AndyPS you should like this panel.It was once payware but the auther of program decided to finish in the payware business(cant remeber reason)but kindly donated the panel as freeware.cheers Andy

DavidI was thinking about what you said about the IRS,so i decided just to have a look at that section of the panel notes and i may have not been doing it correctly.I noticed that on that panel there is a LEFT and RIGHT button i am pretty sure i have never touched that.I would just set it to NAV to allign and thats it,but i think you may have to seelct left then right.I am going to try it now and see what happens.cheers Andy

The pdf manual gives very good instructions - that is what i was looking at.

>David>I was thinking about what you said about the IRS,so i decided>just to have a look at that section of the panel notes and i>may have not been doing it correctly.I noticed that on that>panel there is a LEFT and RIGHT button i am pretty sure i have>never touched that.I would just set it to NAV to allign and>thats it,but i think you may have to seelct left then right.>I am going to try it now and see what happens.>cheers AndyIgnore this last post.Have checked and was not doing anything wrong.Andy