Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Aircraft takes of by itself

Hello ThereOccasionally as i am barrelling down the runway for takeoff the aircraft will takeoff by itself.This is a rare occurrence but i was wondering if anybody else has experienced this.PS trim seems okay and i only fly passenger aircraft ie the usual culprits 737s Airbus etcRecently it has happened with IFDG Airbus and FFX/VISTALINERS 737/300.cheers Andypps I always try to have fuel and payload at correct settings to.PPPPPS its not something to do with the wings unfold thingy is it?

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>First place I would look is to be certain that the autopilot>isn't somehow on...>>Ed Green>KCLT>>>>

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpgGood Heavens that was quick.Thats what it seems like,but i am fairly a experienced pilot(virtual of course) and like to think i wouldn't do something so stupid.Eh hem!:-roll cheers Andy

I've had this happpen very often, particularly with default aircraft. I always figured it was somehow in the program for certain aircraft.

Guest Tom Goodrick

This is not a problem at all. Any aircraft that is properly trimmed for takeoff will fly by itself when reaching the right airspeed. The normal procedure, however, is to avoid this by applying a little forward pressure on the yoke/stick to keep the nose down until reaching the desired airspeed for a safe take off. This speed is normally 1.3x the stall speed for the current weight and configuration. Deisgners of FS flight dynamics files have the ability to adjust the design so that the default trim setting is close to the setting needed for takeoff. Sometimes this just works out by accident.In real-world flying, a pilot is supposed to set the trim for takeoff before starting the takeoff run and then apply a slight forward pressure until ready to rotate for takeoff. One danger if the plane can fly off by itself is that it may fly after being hit by a slight gust of wind and then stop flying when the gust stops. That is why getting the takeoff safety speed (V2) is important.

>This is not a problem at all. Any aircraft that is properly>trimmed for takeoff will fly by itself when reaching the right>airspeed. The normal procedure, however, is to avoid this by>applying a little forward pressure on the yoke/stick to keep>the nose down until reaching the desired airspeed for a safe>take off. This speed is normally 1.3x the stall speed for the>current weight and configuration. Deisgners of FS flight>dynamics files have the ability to adjust the design so that>the default trim setting is close to the setting needed for>takeoff. Sometimes this just works out by accident.>>In real-world flying, a pilot is supposed to set the trim for>takeoff before starting the takeoff run and then apply a>slight forward pressure until ready to rotate for takeoff. One>danger if the plane can fly off by itself is that it may fly>after being hit by a slight gust of wind and then stop flying>when the gust stops. That is why getting the takeoff safety>speed (V2) is important.Ah now Tom thats very interesting thanks for explaining that to me.I might try that 'little forward pressure' on my next flight.cheers Andy

Tom is correct, you should apply forward pressure on the yoke on every takeoff roll. however the primary reason for this is to prevent the aircraft pitching up on application of T/O thrust and keep the aircraft firmly on the ground in case of a rejected takeoff before V1. The aircraft should not become airborne by itself before VR Rob

Rob Prest