Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Looking for some flying diversity

I'm currently searching for an area which is rich in "flying challenges" and "visually appealing" in terms of the landscape (mesh, landclass,...). I'd like to fly planes from a Saab 340 or Fokker-50 upwards, so airports need to be able to handle even bigger aircraft. And, I'd like to have a wealth of (custom made) airports available for (very) short to medium hops.From several videos on Flightlevel350, Southern America comes to my mind with its high altitude airports, steep approaches and mountainous areas. I could imagine flying airliners in such parts of the world is a little different from what I'm currently used.There are some airport collections available e.g. for Mexico (FlyMex) and Colombia (Virtualcol), my question now is whether others could recommend buying one of these or point me in another direction.Andreas

Norway and Alaska are good for that kind of flying challenge. Not sure about how short you want the hops to be.Just check out Glacier Bay V2 here in the Library. It has a load of airports done in great detail. Only a couple can handle airliners but the SAAB should get in and out of most of them.

Guest jesse_skyunlimited

I like the challenges of flying in Alaska, but I know a number of people that enjoy flying in the New Zealand area. I've only spent a few hours in that area, but it was fun.

Since I started using FSEconomy, I have been to more new and different places than I would have ever thought I would go. Airports that I wouldn't think twice about are now my destinations. I am currently in the Great Plains and it's kinda flat and boring except for crosswind landings. But I'm slowly heading west toward the rockies and the great southwest and I am sure some assignments will be more challenging. Then on to the bush country of Alaska and trying some float planes. I have been adding scenery files if I can find them of some of the destinations my assignments are taking me to. Download, install, then fly to them. Some good and some bad experiences. My HD is starting to get full though. I will need to clean house pretty soon. Hey, it's a hobby.I'm also flying new and different aircraft, not the same old plane all the time. I have my favorites, but each assignment usually has different aircraft available to rent so I end up downloading new aircraft, installing them, and trying them out. That is where the fun is, new stuff every time. I haven't had to purchase any yet but I may sometime soon.So, if it's adding some interest to flying from point A to point B you're looking for, I recommend FSE. It has added a whole new dimension to my simming experience. And I've made over $16,000 virtual bucks in two weeks toward my own plane to boot. EDIT - Sorry I read your post again and see that you like the big planes. Unfortunately, FSE is mostly GA. There are AC500s, and DC3s available though. Citation X, Lear 45s, Dash 8s and Embraers too. I don't know about Fokkers. They would probably add your favorites if you request it.dolph