Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

BluePrint Memphis Scenery

Guest Northy

Hi Fellow simmers....I dont very often fly in the US,but thought yea for a change I'll give it a go so I bought a couple of US scenerys one being Memphis by BluePrint Simulations..Installed as instructed,I downloaded the Fedex pack from World of AI to complement the scenery as I understand its one of there main hubs??Fired up FS9 to find only three aircraft at the entire airport.....Two Fedex and one Continental 737...I have AI traffic turned up to 100% but still only three aircraft whatever time of day...Is this normal for Memphis or am I missing something here? I expected the Fedex cargo area to be brimming with aircraft.Regards,Martin.

Depends on the time of the day for the FedEx planes to show up. If I remember right, around 17:30 to 18:00 local time is when you will see a lot of FedEx. Also, KMEM is a current hub for Northwest Airlines, so get their AI.The Afcad that comes with KMEM is not very good concerning parking. Terminal A should be for Northwest Airlink (NWAX works), and also the Northwest spots in the C Concourse should be NWAX also. B Concourse is ok with NWA. Also be advised that the code they have for AirTran is wrong. The gate radius they are using seems very large, not PAI standards. In the FedEx area, you will have one planes wings almost going through the fuselage of the aircraft next to it. I changed the radius of these tight spots, so only 727's could park there. Made others for only the 757 a/c. Left all the big open spots for the wide-bodies. Now the FedEx ramp looks good.This is all easy to do and will make the a/p work much better. Without making the change to the A & C concourses, you will get very few NW Airlink a/c parking there.The only thing I wish I could figure was how to keep ATC from using runway 27 in a light to no wind situation without closing it. It is not the largest runway, and it is not at the top of the list. But in a light to no wind, ATC uses 27 and ignores the triple 18/36's, so you have over time, 40 a/c waiting to t/o from 27. The only thing I can think of is, in that situation if a FedEx a/c is the first to ask to taxi, since 27 is the closest runway, that is why ATC uses it. Not sure if its true or not. I even set the winds to 340@8, started FS9, reset the time once it started, went to slew mode and up to 500 feet and just watched for 25 minutes. Runway 27 was the one atc picked, and left 3 perfectly good parallel runways empty.Rick

You shouldn't look at the top of the list, but the bottom, make sure 9/27 is not at the bottom, although I'm not sure if it'll make a difference. I use a star so that all runways are in use.I have the scenery as well as FedEx traffic and at times, it's crazy, almost all FedEx spots filled! But at other times, only a couple of aircraft, so make sure you're checking at the right times. I'll go check and give an example.

Mike...

Guest Northy

Hi Guys,Thanks for the replys..I'll go and check again and set my time to yours Mike and see what happens.Thanks Regards,Martin.

I made some modifications to mine. I have the star runways so all are active. I also have crossing runways so planes don't get hung up waiting to cross active runways. I made the A & C terminals where nwa commuters are just for them. I also added commuter parking North of the C terminal for all the commuters that come into kmem when the gates are full. I have other cargo parking besides fedex and ups on the se side of 18L/36R. All runways get used for t/o and landings. Works quite well for me.

John K

Guest captandy

Would u mind sharing your new AFCAD by either posting in AVSIM lib or e-mailing ,.ThanksAndy

Would you mind sharing it. I don't know how to do it and it appears to be a great improvement on their afcad. Also, I have searched for how to change the standard direction of takeoffs and landings without using wind direction to no avail. I know that between 10 and 14 mph wind speed ATC uses a default direction. In real life at KIND it is 23L or 23R, not the default 5L or 5R. I have the BluePrint KIND as well as KMEM. Is their a way to change the direction to 23L or 23R so that I can use AS6 and still get a/c taking off in the real direction? I have read in the forum to try to change the order of the runways with AFCAD, but KIND is 5L/23R, 5R/23L. I don't see how changing the order will do what I want. I thought about changing the runway designation of base and reciprocal rwys, but I think that will just reverse the names of the rwys.Thanks for any reply,Lynn Fisher