Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Saitek Assignment Issues - Not H/W

Hi,I have been trying to help a friend of mine sort out their assignments for their new Saitek Yoke (which comes with a 3 axis throttle)...The problem we are having is that no matter what I seem to do, I can't get FS9 to use the throttle axis.. My friend has FSUIPC installed and registered too.. I am wondering if it is a FSUIPC issue.. The following summarises what we've done and seen...1 - Removed all assignments of the controls for the yoke and rudder pedals.2 - Checked on the calibration screen, that the hardware is sending the correct signals to the computer. The throttles when pushed forward all provide the input to the PC and on the calibration screen all show as working perfectly.3 - Assigned the throttles to the throttle control, mixture control and prop control. The assignments show within the assignment window correctly. The Yoke axis are also assigned to elevators and ailerons etc.. These are also showing correctly.. The rudder pedals he uses are also correctly assigned and the axis visible on the assignments page.4 - Within the sensitivity window, the throttle assignements are no visable. I can adjust the sensitivity of the yoke elevator, yoke ailerons and rudder, but I cannot change the sensitivity of the throttle controls, they are no visible on this screen at all.. Do not appear.. Which is strange because on my setup they are visible and the sensitivity can be changed.5 - Made sure FSUIPC has no assignments to any axis. This appears to be correct in the menus, I've reset or removed every control assignment I have seen.It is not a hardware issue, the problem is in FS9, the yoke and throttles work perfectly witin FSX.I would really appreciate any advice anyone has on this issue.. I am completely stumped as to what could be the problem. ThanksCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

go to Saiteks support forum, you need to register first, there is a post on how to rectify this problem, it requies you search for a string in the registry and delete it, cant remember much moreta

I have been in this space recently, albeit with a 2 throttle axis Saitek joystick.1)In the Saitek profile, set the throttles to axes (not bands which I'd tried to do to stop the throttle going into reverse thrust at the throttle null position)2) Clear the relevant axes in the FS9 Options, Contols, Assignments, Joystick Axes tab3) In the FSUIPC Axis Assignment tab, put your cursor IN the Joy# box. Move the first throttle you want to assign and then select the action you want from the selector in the bottom left quadrant of the FSUIPC. Press Rescan & repeat for the other throttles.4)Move on to the FSUIPC Joystick Calibration tab to calibrate the max & min position for each control.You are probably going to say you know all that, but I found it to be quite finnicky. Got there in the end though.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest kosmo007

Alchim,I have been able to program 3 of my throttles so that they behave the same and are co-ordinated in all respects, but the engine 2 (lever response) is sluggish and as a result I must move lever 2 about 1 inch higher on acceleration or lower on de-celleration than the other 3 so that it (#2) co-ordinates its thrust equally. It is not too much of a problem in the B747 with 4 engines but when flying a 2 engine jet it makes it very hard to taxi unless I pay strict attention to the engine 2 thrust lever position! I have tried for hours to get that one engine to respond via the normal calibration methods and more specifically FSUIPC but no matter what I input when calibrating number 2 remains sluggish and does not repsond crisp as the other 3! At one point, just above idle there seems to be a dead spot (in the potentiameter) for as I goose it, there is about and 1/8 " lever movement with no repsonse on the RPM thrust gauges. Once past the dead spot it moves smoothly in all respects. I'm thinking a bad potentiameter. Any ideas for me? OH ! I've tried moving the NULLS around in every possible combo but to no good luck!Thanks kosmo007