Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest depot_haldol

Back to FS9 and running way slow

I went away from FS9 for six months or so, and now I'm back, but it's stuck at about 8 FPS. Every flight and every aircraft, both default and add-on. The sim used to hold at about 24 FPS, but now it doesn't get over 8.I killed off as many background processes as I can, and discovered that when I run FS9, the CPU usage runs right up to 100% and stays locked there. Obviously, this has something to do with why I'm only getting 8 FPS. When I exit FS9, the CPU usage goes back down to between 0% and 7%.I haven't installed any new aicraft, and I have no 3rd party scenery installed.(1) What could have happened to FS9 that it would suddenly max out my CPU whereas before it didn't?(2) Ideas for a fix?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FS9 is supposed to use 100%. That's the whole problem with FS, it needs raw processor power. So, what kind of processor do you have? Other system specs? Are your sliders more to the right now?

I read a similar post somewhere a few weeks ago. Turned out that the man's kids or grandkids had installed a game without his knowledge.The game installed an older version of one or more critical files and that was the root of his problem.He was able to use the XP System Restore and got his system back to "normal".I realize he was lucky...... but it might be worth a shot in your case.

I had the same problem many month ago.Do you have Norton anti virus ??Clean your hard drive