Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Quick question

This may sound like a dumb question but Im installing a scenery file for cyhz and im trying to install an afcad file for it also, but where do i put this afcad .bgl file, What folder?Sorry for the dumb question, I just have no idea where to put it.Thnaks GerryEDIT: Nevermind :) I think it goes in the scenery folder, thats what ill try.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Many scenery authors will tell you to place it in Addon scenery / scenery.However, it will work in any "active" scenery subfolder.I normally place mine in the scenery subfolder of the scenery addition in question. That way, if I delete the scenery I get the afcad also and do not have to remember to go hunting for it.

Thanks David, One more thing, where is the scenery cfg file located, Im using vista. Im searching for it now but if any one knows that would speed up the process.Thank youGerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

In XP, it is in your main FS2004 folder - no idea if it resides elsewhere in Vista.Does your addon require an edit to the scenery.cfg? If so, be SURE to back it up first.

Ya, it says create a flatten line, any idea what dthat means?Thanks againGerry

The flatten line should be provided by the author and be in the documentation.It would look something like this:Flatten.0=30,N21 59.05,W159 19.97,N21 59.44,W159 20.13,N21 59.06,W159 19.85,N21 59.34,W159(that is from another scenery so do not use it)Assuming you find something like this, Copy the entire line and Paste it wherever the author advises.You would have to "activate" the scenery in the Scenery library first and then exit FS2004 before that scenery entry will show up in your scenery.cfg file - usually the very last entry.Hope this helps.

Thank you very much David, You've been a great help, everything went smooth, the scenery cfg was where you mentioned, the flatten line was in the format you gave and the scenery entry was at the end after installing it as you said.Thank you very much.Gerry