Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 visual model vs. POSKY 777 V2 model?

Johnathan:It's good to see old f@rts like me still hanging around here! LOL! Always brings back fond memories of the 'old' days.None-the-less. The POSKY visual model is simply beautiful. It accurately portrays the B777 and its nuances. The PSS 777 on the ther hand was pretty spartan in appearance and even their GE90 engines didn't give that appearance of having the world's largest jet engines slung under the wings. The PSS visual model, if I had to use a single word, terrible.Unfortunately, I'm a VC only flier and also a stickler for functionality. In that aspect I'm stuck with the far less visually pleasing PSS...until someone finally makes a POSKY type visual model with full VC systems detail.If you are a 2D flyer, then I wouldn't hesitate to get the POSKY visual with the PSS 2D. That would be as good as it gets...for now.Regards,Mike T.

Mark:Well, I just installed the AA T-7. It is great, I must say, just outstanding. I have it on a Triplehead2Go set-up so it's not only huge but looks like real life. PSS visual model is a let-down afterwards!I tried to instal the POSKY VC as well but it's just a hopelessly complex procedure and befuddling, so I've given up for now. It would be nice to marry the PSS VC with the POSKY visual model but I may not get that far either.Yeah, POSKY sure carries on the tradition it started years ago of superb visual models.JS

Hey, Mike:How are ye, mate?! Yep, still toolin' around the AVSIM forum a decade later, wow!Yeah, the POSKY T-7 indeed shows the utterly massive engines in all their glory with fabulously rotating swirls on the turbine as well. The T-7 does have giant engines and very large scary gear that are both larger than life and that are not so well portrayed in the PSS model.I fly in the T-7 several times a year across the Atlantic and it is an impressive and stunningly powerful aircraft even with a full load. I remember blasting out of KSFO with a full load to London once ages ago and we went up like a high speed elevator, it made the 747-400 seem as if it were the "local" in comparison.I too am now exclusively a VC flyer because of TripleheadToGo so I also accept the PSS for the time being (which actually I find flies very well, far better than its many critics have claimed), but boy I sure would like to find a way to marry the two up together.Thanks for your post. Good to "see" you again!JS

I fly the PSS simply for the fully functional VC. In fact, I rarely see the outside of the bird anyways.

Eric 

Wow whats up with the Admins on the Posky forums? I have no interest in this 'Ultra light' aircraft but thought I would browse the forums to see what its like.. Now I know it's very frustrating when someone asks a question that may have been asked before or even covered in the read me but these guys are just insulting people! They need to get over themselves, yeah the visual model 'is good' but thats it! If I wanna see a ultra realistic looking 777 I will take a trip to Heathrow.Rob

Rob Prest

Eric:You're very right in a way. It's nice to pop "outside" once in a while to see the bird but yeah we virtual pilots who are focused primarily on the FMC and MCP, and the flight characteristics when flying by hand, et al. spend most time "indoors". I think the PSS 777 is a very good piece of work (and I love the wx radar!), but maybe I was lucky to install it two years late and after all the patches and fixes had been rolled out. I've not had a single flight glitch with it.JS