Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Minor Dilemma

So! I'm in Baranquilla, Colombia. When I hear about Tropical Storm Gustav heading for the Gulf of Mexico by the Weekend. I decide to beat it back to Opalocka in Miami before The Wind gets really bad across my flight path. I decide to stop in for a Cup of Coffee at Kingston Jamaica (MKJP). Now the only addon I have for this Airport is an AFCAD by a Fella named Steve Pickle. The AFCAD program says the frequency for his ILS is 109.10. This is good, but it doesn't show it on the airport info in the Map. Neither does it show in the GPS airport info. It does show the green Arrow of the ILS.on the GPS display screen. Question: Whadda I gotta do to find this ILS info without having to pause the Simulator and look it up in AFCAD? My Passengers always complain when I put them into suspended Animation. They say, "Sure it lengthens their lives, but it's Creepy."Bill :+ :-roll

-----My Passengers always complain when I put them into suspended Animation. They say, "Sure it lengthens their lives, but it's Creepy."-----Thanks for the chuckle...it's always a pleasure to read an imaginative post.John

Bump! I thought you Guys would be all over this problem like Flies on Horse Crap. Don't make me resort to the AFCAD Manual. I don't know if it will be a simple fix, (if it can be fixed) or some arcane solution.Bill :( :-hmmm :-bang

>So! I'm in Baranquilla, Colombia. When I hear about Tropical>Storm Gustav heading for the Gulf of Mexico by the Weekend. I>decide to beat it back to Opalocka in Miami before The Wind>gets really bad across my flight path. I decide to stop in for>a Cup of Coffee at Kingston Jamaica (MKJP). Now the only addon>I have for this Airport is an AFCAD by a Fella named Steve>Pickle. The AFCAD program says the frequency for his ILS is>109.10. This is good, but it doesn't show it on the airport>info in the Map. Neither does it show in the GPS airport info.>It does show the green Arrow of the ILS.on the GPS display>screen. Question: Whadda I gotta do to find this ILS info>without having to pause the Simulator and look it up in AFCAD?>My Passengers always complain when I put them into suspended>Animation. They say, "Sure it lengthens their lives, but it's>Creepy.">>Bill :+ :-roll My guess is the author of your Afcad did not realize that properly adding an ILS is a two part process if it is to work. Adding an ILS in Afcad only is not enough. Check out this file:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchThis fine work by Martin Gleeson shows how to complete the required process.Hope this helps.

Hi,I've just run into this problem twice (i.e. the ILS is in AFCAD but not in the Map's airport runway listing). It's something that can happen when you edit AFCAD in a certain way (I assume). The ILS entry within the runway entry is lost, and the ILS becomes "detached" from the airport. The only way I've gotten it back is to decompile the AFCAD file with BGLX, add the ILS information to the correct runway (info copied from AFCAD), and recompiling with BGLComp. Not trivial, but it does work. I copy an existing XML ILS entry, and change the info to match that in AFCAD.For the GPS, etc., you need to add an Approach as described above.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___