Sign in to follow this  
Guest ferguwat

Problems with FS2004 after installing the Eurofighter product

Guest ferguwat

The post below is partly from an email I sent to the sellers and creators of the product ...I just purchased the

"Compensation for the hassle of having to re-install ... is it worth pursuing ?"[/b]Don't be greedy!First Class Simuations attempted to discover the problem and FlightStore is offering a refund plus your return postage so you won't be out of pocket.

Guest ferguwat

You are correct - I won't be out of pocket ...FlightStore kindly sent me a pre-paid envelope to send the product back ... F.C.Sim made some suggestions ... none that remotely considered their product was the problem ... no problem before product installation, big problem after product installation ... go figure !!The only issue I have is that I will have to spend several hours doing a re-install ... so I suppose I shouldn't be greedy ... but it has totally put a massive "cloud" over my hobby !!

If you are re-installing then try loading Eurofighter on a clean FS9 before re-loading any other addons to see if it works properly.

Guest ferguwat

I have alrady sent the product back to Flightstore ...

Som you can't demonstrate your claim that it was Eurofighter alone that caused your problem?

>Compensation for the hassle of having to re-install ... is it>worth pursuing ?No because I think that legally you don't have a leg to stand on! Consequential loss as it is termed is almost certain to be excluded in the conditions of purchase. At least, it is if they have any sense! :-) Iain Smith

Guest ferguwat

I believe that any reasonable bystander would also conclude that the Eurofighter product caused the problem.How simple can it be; MS2004 works BEFORE Eurofighter is installed.MS2004 doesn't work AFTER Eurofighter is installed.If that isn't conclusive enough then I don't know what is!This whole business has left a sour taste ... and it is obvious there is nothing I can do.

Guest ferguwat

I am sure you can understand my frustration though ... one minute I have a working FS ... next minute it is ruined ... my only recourse is to re-install ... which will obviously take a considerable amount of time.

>I am sure you can understand my frustration though ... one>minute I have a working FS ... next minute it is ruined ... my>only recourse is to re-install ... which will obviously take a>considerable amount of time.Yes, of course. When this sort of thing happens it is extremely irritating. Only thing you can do is avoid that software provider in future.Iain Smith

It isn't conclusive enough. You said in an earlier post that you had many other addons installed. Unless you installed Eurofighter on a "clean" FS9 you can't say that it caused the problems. It is known that there can be interactions between different addons.

UIt's not loyalty - I don't have Eurofighter or any other products from the developer or supplier. I'm merely pointing out that youyr simplistic view is not justified. I've seen posts explaining that addon A ran perfecrly before addon B was installed.Yhe intereactions betwwn addons mean that unless you can show that an addon doesn't work with a clean FS you can't claim the addon's faulty. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Guest ferguwat

Well, after two months I finally did something with the FlightSim ...totally removed everything to do with FS (all the add ons as well).Re-installed FS2004 along with just a couple of add-ons this time.Hopefully I can now start enjoying my hobby - and encourage my children to do more flying !