Sign in to follow this  
pilotba747

Bryan Betts Overland fixes

Hi,I emailed the author some days ago and as yet have not had a reply from him, so I thought that I would post the same question here to see if I can get things going a bit quicker.The information I am after is as follows,Are both the Boeing updates and Airbus updates suitable for use with the latest version of the Overland packages. I started to collect the updates long before the latest update, I have just updated my computer and I am about to start installing aircraft.Thanks in anticipation of any replys.RegardsPeter

Hi again,Sorry to hear that no one could help or contribute to this topic, I have conducted some experiments and concluded that the update by Bryan Betts is not completely compatable with the current versions of the Overland Boeing and Airbus packages. However by mixing and matching the original and update packages I have managed to retain the wing views and what I consider to be a better cockpit view.Regards,Peter

I'm using Bryan's updates instead of the "official" updates.

Guest Outer Marker
Hi,I emailed the author some days ago and as yet have not had a reply from him, so I thought that I would post the same question here to see if I can get things going a bit quicker.The information I am after is as follows,Are both the Boeing updates and Airbus updates suitable for use with the latest version of the Overland packages. I started to collect the updates long before the latest update, I have just updated my computer and I am about to start installing aircraft.Thanks in anticipation of any replys.RegardsPeter
Hello folks!Sorry for being a bit absent lately. My wife and I just had a baby boy and I have had little time to do anything hobby-related. Peter, my FDE updates are really only good for FS2004. I see that Overland has an update for FSX compatibility, and I would have to say that my FDEs would not work well at all in FSX without some serious tweaking. Unfortunately, I do not have access to FSX for testing or developing. In terms of FS2004, my FDEs are compatible with all the "official" service packs from Overland. If you are working with FS2004, my advice would be to follow this route:1. Install Overland Aircraft2. Install offical Overland updates3. Install my FDEsAs others have noted though, you can continue to use my updates as an alternative to the official updates.See you all soon!-- Bryan

Hi Bryan,Congratulations on your new addition, he sure will keep you busy.To be honest it is so long ago now that I posted this that I have had a couple of reinstalls since then due to computer problems and I am not sure now what the problem was with your updates when I posted this question. I think it was a problem with cockpit views. However you are saying that I can just use your modified FDEs with the updated Overland aircraft within FS9.Thanks for the reply and good luck with your new family member.Regards.Peter

Hello folks!Sorry for being a bit absent lately. My wife and I just had a baby boy and I have had little time to do anything hobby-related. -- Bryan
Congrats! :( welcome to the club - i also got boy 3 weeks ago (3rd - 2 girls, now one boy, thanks heaven :( )If you still find some time, new FDE's for the A300 and the B767 from overland would be great!thanks and all the best!cheersharald

I`m glad to read you again Brian and the best to your new member's family, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S. :( :( By other side I like to ask you either the FDE for b 767 and for the A300, since you stop your work at least the A300 is a dead plane because it has problems with the contact points, Fspassengers take a overoll as a mistake and send a hit to tail, just like the 737's, but with your FDE's the problem was solved, I hope you can update this models too.By the way, since I update the 737 with your FDE, I couldn't open again the cargo doors,

Guest Outer Marker
I`m glad to read you again Brian and the best to your new member's family, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S. :( :( By other side I like to ask you either the FDE for b 767 and for the A300, since you stop your work at least the A300 is a dead plane because it has problems with the contact points, Fspassengers take a overoll as a mistake and send a hit to tail, just like the 737's, but with your FDE's the problem was solved, I hope you can update this models too.By the way, since I update the 737 with your FDE, I couldn't open again the cargo doors,

Hello BrianI've check the original's FDE vs yours, and don't find nothing you have touch about th exit, I guess this problem is abour another thing but your FDE, Can you recall me what is the correct keys to open the cargo doors in 737's? I've reasigned some buttons keystrokes to the original config. Maybe this could be the problem.Cheers to allGus

Guest Outer Marker
I will certainly do the A300 FDE and the 767. In fact, I was working on the 767 when my PC crashed around Christmas, and then I built a new PC from scratch... still didn't get things sorted out, and then had baby! I will fix it all soon, I promise!Interesting about the cargo doors on the 737. I don't think I changed anything in the .cfg file for the [exits] section, which is where cargo doors would be listed. Anybody else see this out there?
I can't confirm this because I'm still repairing my computer, but anybody else in this thread know the keystroke for the 737? I thought it was the wingfold command or the tailhook command, which you may have mapped to something else. Ctrl-T should do it usually???

Guest swadeep

Hi Bryan. Where can I download you wonderful FDEs now since AVSIM library is no longer in service. Please let me know. Cannot fly the POSKY 777s anymore. Their FDE is a joke IMHO.ThanksBest WishesSwadeep :)

Guest Outer Marker
Hi Bryan. Where can I download you wonderful FDEs now since AVSIM library is no longer in service. Please let me know. Cannot fly the POSKY 777s anymore. Their FDE is a joke IMHO.ThanksBest WishesSwadeep :)
For now, I think you can get all the FDE fixes from www.flightsim.com - if you don't have an account, I think you have to sign up to download, but it's all free. I can't wait for the AVSIM file library to come online either! I need to re-install my FS2004, and I need my add-ons!