Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brownshoe

Realistic Gulfstream IV flight dynamics?

Anybody know where I can get some better numbers for my Gulfstream? I'm using the very lovely Gulfstream IV by Rick Sasala. The plane flies great, but the weights are all way off. This results in fuel flows and ranges not working well at all. I've found good information on the actual weights of the aircraft. Off the top of my head, the FS version has a max gross of around 20 or 30k, which is actually less than the empty weight of the real thing. I've modified the fuel flow scalar to give me the correct maximum range, but it gives a cruise fuel flow of about one tenth of what it should be.I've looked around a little for tweaks, but so far haven't found anything. Any tweakers out there who can point me in the right direction?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is going to be difficult.Partially because Gulfstream is very opposed to anything related to Flight Simulator.Some guys who work a bit on flight dynamics are found over on the Sim-Outhouse forums. Another excellent source are the tools from Jerry Beckwith's MudPond.org site - http://www.mudpond.org/

"Better numbers" is far too broad a question. What sort of numbers are you looking for?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO