Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest soberon

how to configure flaps axis on joystick

the blue stick on my Saitek control panel yoke is set to flaps axis under options controls axis, but the flaps never retract fully. I experimented with the sensitivities, but I do not get it solved.Erik Soberoneriksoberon@hotmail.comHomecockpit flightsimulatorSPECS PC:Vista64 Ultimate on HD1 & Win XP on HD3Motherboard: MSI P35 platinumProc.: Intel Core2 duo E6750 coolerMem: 2x 1 GB DDR2 Twin 800 Mhz Corsair HD 1: Western Digital 750GB SATAII 16MBHD 2: Western Digital 500GB SATAII 16MBHD 3: Western Digital 500GB SATAII 16MB Graphic Card 1: Point of View Nvdia 8800 GTS 640MB POVGraphic Card 2: Asus 8400GS 256 MB Case: Anec performance OneP182Voeding: Corsair HX 620 W

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the yoke has its own configuration/callibration menu it means you have three, if not then two of them. Remember that for precise callibration you should use only one. What I mean is:- your controller device setup menu- FSUIPC controller setup menu- the internal FS controller menuDo the settings in only one (FSUIPC in my case) and don't let the FS internal setup even see your controller.If your flaps don't retract fully it just looks to me like two or three conflicts of inputs due to the above reasons.Try if it works.Best regards,Rafal

I've had different results depending on things like sim versions. ISTM that I get better results assigning aileron and elevator in the sim control assignments menu, and then using FSUIPC axis calibration. On the flaps lever I assign directly in FSUIPC and then use the FSUIPC calibration on it and it works well. I've found it necessary to do a proper windows calibration first using either the default hid.sys driver and control panel controller calibration or the Saitek custom saih0BAC.sys driver/calibration. Otherwise what I've found is that the levers don't track together on multi-engine setups.scott s..

Can you tell me how to start with the FSUIPC controller setup menu?Erik Soberoneriksoberon@hotmail.comHomecockpit flightsimulatorSPECS PC:Vista64 Ultimate on HD1 & Win XP on HD3Motherboard: MSI P35 platinumProc.: Intel Core2 duo E6750 coolerMem: 2x 1 GB DDR2 Twin 800 Mhz Corsair HD 1: Western Digital 750GB SATAII 16MBHD 2: Western Digital 500GB SATAII 16MBHD 3: Western Digital 500GB SATAII 16MB Graphic Card 1: Point of View Nvdia 8800 GTS 640MB POVGraphic Card 2: Asus 8400GS 256 MB Case: Anec performance OneP182Voeding: Corsair HX 620 W

Assuming you have the payware (registered) version of FSUIPC, it is very easy.1. Start FS9 and go into the control assignment settings menu. On the axis assignment tab, ensure that you have the yoke selected and normal flight mode, then ensure that the lever you want to assign is not assigned to any command in FS. If it is, remove the assignment.2. Load the aircraft you want a flap axis set for in normal flight.3. Open FSUIPC from the modules menu. Go to the "Axis Assignment" tab. 4. Near the top is a box labeled "Aircraft specific?" click (check) this box. When you click this for the first time you will see a pop up asking "Do you want to apply the general assignments to this aircraft?" click yes. Likewise if it asks in a pop up "Do you want to save changes made so far?".5. Select the lever you want to assign, by moving the lever up and down while mouse clicking on the "rescan" box in FSUIPC. Keep doing this until you see the numbers in the two boxes in the center change as you move the lever. It probably takes a couple of clicks.6. Now with the lever selected, on the left side there should be a radio button set "Send to FS as normal axis" (if not click it).7. In the 4 check boxes, click the top one to check, then in the list drop down scroll down to select "Axis Flaps Set".8. That's it for axis assignment so click OK on the bottom.9. Now open the Joystick calibration tab on FSUIPC and again check the "Aircraft specific" box on the top right.10. click on the right arrow until "6 of 11: Trim, spoilers, and flaps" is shown. there will be a section on this page for "Flaps" and it should show "Axis not processed". 11. Click on the "Set" button. The "Axis not processed" will be replaced 2 set buttons and numeric boxes below. MOve the axis to max travel and click the right "set", then move the lever all the way down and click the left "set".12. The area under these settings windows should show your current aircraft and the number of flap positions correctly. this I believe is read from the aircraft.cfg, so if it is wrong I think it means a problem with aircraft.cfg.13. Click "OK" and the settings will be saved. Test your flap lever. If it is working backwards, go back into the FSUIPC joystick calibration page, and check the "Rev" box for flaps. Click "OK" and test again. Note that when you change something in FSUIPC this way, you don't see the effect in the sim until you actually move the joystick lever.scott s..