Sign in to follow this  
outlaw2001it

Embraer Legacy 600

I downloaded the Embraer Legacy 600 by Project Open Sky/Samy Fay, and I want to say that it's a fantastic aircraft. However I'm a bit confused. Sitting on the tarmac, cold dark cockpit, and I'm losing fuel. I loaded the fuel, went to file a flight plan using FSNavigator, put everything into Active Sky so it can process, and in the meantime checked a few emails. Came back to the cockpit switched on the battery/avionics, and I lost about 20 gals worth of fuel...how did this happen? Is there an APU that's tied with the main gas tanks for more realism? Also at night the cabin, and logo lights are on while everything is switched off (sort of annoying). Is there a fix for this, or it's just how it is? Thanks J.R.

Exactly which file are you referring to?The one I checked has it's panel aliased to the default B737-400 so am not sure if I am looking at the same aircraft you are.The one I downloaded and installed (to try to duplicate your problem) is named ele6vgas.zip (here in the library)

Thanks for replying. File is ele6abs.zip, Embraer Legacy 600 - ABS, (OK-GGG). Just by curiosity do I need that panel, or can I use an equivalent. I have a custom panel that I made that has an APU, and all light switches. As I said earlier that I can't turn off cabin, logo lights, and losing fuel in a cold, and dark cockpit. Thanks J.R.

>Thanks for replying. File is ele6abs.zip, Embraer Legacy 600>- ABS, (OK-GGG). Just by curiosity do I need that panel, or>can I use an equivalent. I have a custom panel that I made>that has an APU, and all light switches. As I said earlier>that I can't turn off cabin, logo lights, and losing fuel in a>cold, and dark cockpit.>> Thanks> J.R.The aircraft in question are basically the same but I also installed ele6abs just to be sure and here are my findings -1. I am unable to duplicate your fuel loss. 2. Did you copy the 9 effects (fx extension) and put them in your main effects folder too?3. Hitting my L key a couple of times turned off the tail logo lights.4. You should be able to use any panel you wish with these aircraft simply by aliasing to the one you want. They are currently aliased to the default B737-4400 panel.As for a solution to the fuel loss - have you changed the default flight (the one which is presented on the Create a Flight screen) to a flight you have saved?If so, many parameters from the new, default flight are passed on to whatever aircraft you then select. Such things as the state of the engines and battery, avionics switch etc. are passed on.I have no idea how that might affect your fuel situation, but if you have changed it, I would suggest restoring the original default flight as a first troubleshooting step.That can be done from the Select a Flight menu (look under the "other" category) OR, open your FS9.cfg file (using Notepad) and find the Situation= line. If you have changed the default flight, the complete path to the new FLT file will be seen after the = sign. Simply delete that information and save your work.If the Situation= line is missing or is empty, FS2004 will load the original default flight when you next start it.You can also open any FLT file with Notepad and scroll down through it to see the state of the various switches such as battery and avionics. This can be helpful in determining what is really on or off as some panels do not have such switches.I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I figured out what I did wrong after I read your last reply. I was looking at the legacy's .air file, while messing around with another aircraft .air file. I mistakenly changed the oil pressure to a very high number in the Legacy's .air file (very stupid), and that's what was giving me the fuel loss. I changed it back to what it was originally...all fixed. I forgot about looking into the .flt files for what system were on when the flight loaded. It's been so long since I've messed around with any new aircraft...been flying a custom Gulfstream G550 for a few years, had no reason to switch...if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Again thank you for helping me to solve the problems that I was having, and congratulations to Project Open Sky, and Samy Fay for making an awesome aircraft. J.R.