Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tunnelcat

Anybody use Maps2bgl?

I just read about and downloaded from the Avsim library the Maps2bgl program that allows you to import images from Google Earth or Virtual Earth, which then allows you to create photo-realistic scenery areas in FS9. Has anybody used this program, what were the results and how difficult was it to work out?Kim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I just read about and downloaded from the Avsim library the>Maps2bgl program that allows you to import images from Google>Earth or Virtual Earth, which then allows you to create>photo-realistic scenery areas in FS9. Has anybody used this>program, what were the results and how difficult was it to>work out?>>KimI used the search function of this forum turned up this lengthy thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchIt should give you a pretty good idea of the pro's and con's of the program.

Thanks Opa. I should've done the search before posting the question. I hadn't remembered reading about this nice little program before the other day, so I was thinking that it was something new. Being busy trying to get the outside house work done before winter has kept me from reading the board regularly. I'll keep the link for my reference when I try to use the program. It looks fantastic and there are good resolution pictures of my city and surrounding area on Google Earth!Kim