Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meccadom

Fresh install has missing Airports

I have done a fresh install on a new rig. Upon starting FS9, I select "change selected location". and only see 30 country/region entries, 1710 cities and zero (none) state/province. Compare to my other pc which shows 185country/region entries, 3089 cities and 78 state/province. The obvious missing entry is KSEA Seattle as the default startup.Can anyone offer help?ThanksDom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have done a fresh install on a new rig. Upon starting FS9,>I select "change selected location". and only see 30>country/region entries, 1710 cities and zero (none)>state/province. Compare to my other pc which shows>185country/region entries, 3089 cities and 78 state/province. >The obvious missing entry is KSEA Seattle as the default>startup.>>Can anyone offer help?>>Thanks>>DomIt is rather obvious that you did not achieve a comple installation.You mention a "new rig" - does that imply a new Operating System such as Vista perhaps?Also, is there any chance you either selected a "partial" install (some files are kept on the disks rather than being installed on your HD) or did not allow the install program to complete it's work before attempting to use FS2004?I am surprised FS2004 started at all with the number of missing elements you listed.More details may help - but my gut feeling is that you probably will need to completely uninstall what you now have and try again.