Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

briansommers

dispatch planner x vs fsbuild 2

I have fsbuild 2 and have been getting my "dispatch" reports from that program - but I'm thinking of switching to dispatch planner x - is it worth it? or ???any one have both?thanksciao!Brian Sommers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm an Active Sky user and I download the archive of the zulu time of the flight for that day. As you know weather is influenced by the time of day and the flight time of day weather should be used. AS appears to give the same enroute and origination and destination weather reports that DP offers according to a a review I read of DP. FSB couples to AS weather for fuel planning. It seems that DP (in the write-up) only can use real world real time NOAA weather reports and that coverage is not universal. AS will fabricate dynamically weather around missing weather stations.I use hard copy of the FSB navlog and the full format AS navlog. This makes it easier for me to program environment information into the FMC when available.FSB provides frequent free AIRAC updates. DP requires a navigraph subcription.Depending how you simulate flight you might find between FSB and AS6.5 better features than DP alone. AS6.5 cost a bit more than DP but since you have FSB you might consider it.Now, I'm not a DP user but the review here or at flightsim.com detailed these few items.

mmm that is an interesting note, I have the latest AS for FS9 - but I've never been able to get fsbuild 2 to hook up with AS for weather.. do you mind sharing on how to do that?thanksciao!Brian Sommers

I'm not near my PC now but in the FSB options screen in one of the tabs you'll find a list of paths. Set your path to AS2004 or something like that because AS6.5 writes its weather data snapshot file there. After you set the path go back to your main options/config tab and click save. Restart FSB and it will always read that snapshot file even if AS is not running.I'm not sure how often AS writes that file. FS does not have to be running.A little bit more about my technique:I load the stated archive file into AS so it is active. I then plan the flight with FSB. I print out the FSB navlog and, after loading the plan into AS print out the AS navlog.At that point, I can shut down. When ever I decide to fly with the same environment I start AS, load that archive, start FS loading your flight, do the refresh command to sync up FS and AS so it writes the weather to FS, and I'm good to go using the printouts I saved. I also recommend that after AS is finished writing weather to FS you wait a minute and click the refresh AI button in AS. This forces the new weather to immediately take effect so ATIS is correct and the AI starts over with the correct runway assignments based on current weather.This helps if you need to spread out the work because of lack of time like plan one day and fly the next with the same weather and aircraft used in planning.