Sign in to follow this  
Guest munroman

CTD When in Virtual Cockpit

Guest munroman

Hi Everybody,I am new to FS2Crew and am having problems - I keep crashing :-(I must have lost at least 6 aircraft at the gate :-)My problem is as follows:-1. When FSX opens with the demo flight it is in 2D view.2. I load the f;ight plan as per instructions.3. I close the 2D windows by pressing "W" until there are no windows displayed.4. I select the virtual cockpit.5. Open up the FS2Crew main panel6. Enter the flight planning details as per instructions.7. Press "Start". I hear the womans voice, the ringing bell and see the jetway connecting to the aircraft.8. I setup the electrical power as per instructions.9. Everything appears to be operating normaly, I scan around the virtual cockpit, look out the windows......crash!This has happened several times. Can anyone offer any advice on this matter. It is driving me nuts!

Hi,Make sure FSX is configured so it always loads in the 2D cockpit. There is a tickbox.(Page 8 in the Main Ops manuals.)Failing that,please try making a flight from an airport other than RKSI. Also, be sure to disable any other addons (such as any 3rd party traffic programs you may have).Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest munroman

Hi Bryan,Thanks for the prompt response :-)As I stated in my original message I am starting FSX in the 2D cockpit. The tickbox is ticked and I have always started my flights in the 2D cockpit regardless of the aircraft I am using. :-)I do have Traffic 2005 installed and running so I will try using FS2Crew with this disabled. However I sincerely hope that there is not a conflict here because flying without AI traffic is not my idea of fun. :-(If this is the problem then the FS2Crew development team will have to find a fix because I find it unacceptable having to disable such an important addon as Traffic 2005 in order to run another.In fact had I known there was a possibility of this happening then I would never have purchased FS2Crew.ThanksBill

Hi Bill,Had to double check the 2D cockpit switch.Traffic 2005: That was just a wild guess. I haven't had anyone else report a CTD like this out of a significantly large user base so I have to play the elimination game.I might also suggest suggest trying different weather. You never know.If you get the CTD again, be sure to click on view error report if you can to see what the associated file name is.Also, remain in the 2D cockpit. Don't switch to the VC. See if it happens then for you.Wish I could give you better answers, but at this stage I just have to guess :-)Chrs,Bryan

Guest munroman

Hi Bryan,I'll try it every which way and take notes :-)I'll post my findings :-)FSX is a new product - there are bound to be teething problems. :-)See You LaterBill

Guest munroman

Hi Bryan,I have tried various configurations with FS2Crew and have found that it does work in the virtual cockpit if I disable Traffic 2005. This has taken up quite a bit of my time. While I was impressed with FS2Crew I am not willing to lose my AI traffic. Flying though empty skies, landing at empty airports is not for me. :-(At the time of purchasing FS2Crew there was no mention that it would not work with Traffic 2005 or anyother FSX addon. I purchased the product expecting it to work alongside Traffic 2005 and be useable from within the virtual cockpit as anyother addon should be. I am afraid that as far as I can see it does not do this.If the developers can come up with a fix to allow me to use FS2Crew from the VC with Traffic 2005 running great. But if this is not possible then I am afraid that I will be asking for a full refund because as far as I am concerned the product is not fit for purpose.What is the point of buying an addon if you have to disable a basic part of the flight sim experience?I am a software engineer myself and know only too well the conflicts that can arise on diferent systems etc.. But if I told any of my customers that in order for them to run one of my programs they would have to disable someone elses I would soon be out of a job :-)Hope a fix is possible :-)Bill

Hi Bill,Please load the 747 Tutorial Situation file, then switch to another aircraft like the Airbus or Cessna.Switch to the VC and look around and see what happens.It's important that you load the 747 Tutorial situation file so the time of day and weather remain the same.If you get a CTD using another aircraft, then the problem is with Traffic 2005 (probably an AI texture or AFCAD problem at RKSI).If not then, I'll request a copy of Traffic 2005 and see for myself.Please email me: admin@fs2crew.comThanks,Bryan