Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefaandk

Approach Brief question

At this stage I'm still at the stage where I use an ATC guided ILS vector approach.Not very familiar with SID's and STAR's, does FSX even have knowledge of these? And how would you request such an approach in a way that it doesn't conflict with ATC?Coz once I ignored ATC to do my own thing and ended up landing with another 747 taking off.If you can do these approaches in FSX I would love to find out how but I guess that's not an FS2crew question.But if the above is yes, how would I setup the approach brief.What would I put in IAP? As it only seems to have approaches for certain airports?If I want it to be the ATC ILS vector one I leave it on IAP: GEN ILS ?Flaps are 30, is there ever a reason to have this different?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The briefs on the Approach Brief page are purely audio. There is no interaction with the default FSX ATC system.If a custom brief is not available for your airport, just select a Generic brief. It's important that you at least play a STAR brief because that's what puts FS2Crew into Descent Mode.The FS ATC system is fairly crude; it doesn't handle SIDs and STARs and its ability to separate planes is spotty at best.I might suggest Radar Contact if you want a better ATC system. Or VATSIM or IVAO.Flaps 30: At the airline I modeled, I seem to recall they always use Flaps 30 for landing. I'll let Cowpatz correct me if I'm wrong.Cheers,Bryan