Sign in to follow this  
Guest jch5pilot

Flex above 60

Guest jch5pilot

Hello,On some departures, I noticed that I sometimes do not get the takeoff callouts such as 'Flex 65, SRS, Runway" and so on, followed by the FO not raising the gear etc. This only happens on some departures and I had no idea why as I do the same things and 'flows' every time, so tonight I did some testing.I have noticed that I do not get the callouts whenever the Flex I have selected in the takeoff data card is set above 60. Regardless of what flex is actually set in the FMGS or anywhere else, if the takeoff data card has a flex of 60 or lower (and TOGA) you get the callouts, but above 60 you do not get them, forcing you to skip to the after takeoff mode.Sorry if it sounds confusing, I have described it the best I can. Has anyone else encountered this? As I said, it only happens if you set the flex on the takeoff data card to above 60 (61+).I have also only tested this in the A319 so far, so maybe it is isolated to the A319, I will have to test again at some point with the other models, but if you could investigate this in the mean time it would be a great help.Cheers,James

Hello James,That's a known issue with the A320 version that was corrected in the Special Edition.I'll be releasing an update in the future that carries over the fixes from the Special Edition into the A320.Cheers,Bryan

Guest jch5pilot

Hello Bryan,Thanks for that, I did not realise it was a known issue.I look forward to the update :)Regards,James