Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIDDickDastardly

TileProxy Screenshots

Guest The Wizard of Oz

You have some very nice clarity there with these lovely shots pev. Are you using SP1 ?WOZ

Guest The Wizard of Oz

The beautiful Lake Tahoe area using TP and VE.Frame 1: Take off from Lake Tahoe airport with some value-added veggies attached to two TP tiles. (see below on how-to-do)Frame 2: Two tile Veggie Fly-overFrame 3,4 Around the eastern and western sides of the lake.Only flaw in this area is a photo tonal change sub-division, but overall a great area to explore.You can add autogen veggies to Tileproxy tiles by using the FSX SDK Annotator program. Of course there are thousands of tiles

Guest Bramski

That is SWEET! WoZ, I've been thinking for ages how it would really add to immersion just to be able to add a little splash of autogen around the Airports and areas of interest just to keep us immersed till were high enough for the tiles to get some clarity. Cracking shots as per usual too mate :D

Guest rbrown3rd

Wow, that is SWEET WOZ! I can see the future. Did you hand digitize all of those veggie polys in?

Guest pev

These are straight out of the box (no SP1) using GE scenery, all sliders maxed but with great framerates. I'm not sure if I should isntall SP1 yet, don't want to risk spoiling it.-Pablo

Guest pev

Very nice! The last one looks so real! There are so many areas to try out with TP but not enough time (for me at least).

Guest rbrown3rd

I might not have driven this road in Glacier National Park if I had seen it from this perspective. It has to be practically rebuilt each year after the snow clears. This is flying west towards the west park headquarters after crossing the pass. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am running SP1 and TP beta4. Configured to use GE textures.http://farm1.static.flickr.com/234/5202205...4a5806c94_b.jpg

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Well yes but it only took a couple of minutes on two selected tiles to do it. You just outline small or very large polygons and FSX does the rest. Once you get the hang of it you could cover an airport and out to some miles in an hour or so.Cheers WOZ

Guest The Wizard of Oz

OK. So I take it you don't get out-of focus tiles after venturing away from your starting point after some minutes? What is your rig Pablo?I have not tried TP without SP1 yet but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it might be the only way to go to reduce or eliminate out-of-focus tiles.I did try one core affinity=1 but it took double the time to load up, not a big suprise.Re WOZ

Guest pev

Unfortunately I also get the out of focus low resolution looking tiles after a few minutes of venturing out, but not always. Out of about 8 times that I have tried TP, about half of those times I noticed the blured tiles even though I've stayed within a 15 mile radius.I've heard that SP1 was worse but that may just be configuration/hardware dependant. I would really like to find out what's causing the blured tiles. However, I just remembered that the time I was flying around Switzerland I set TP to realtime and affinity=1 and did not noticed any bluring. I'll try this again in another area and see what the results are.I'm running an Intel core 2 duo @ E6700 speeds, WinXP, 2GB ram, Radeon X800 video.-Pablo

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I take it you set this manually in Windows XP? or are you using Vista?If manually how did you set it because I get a FSX lock-up in Window mode when I try this. What are the sequence of steps you use. RE WOZ

Guest Rob_man

A few pics from around Southeast Qld, Australia. Pretty flat country, but pretty part of the world if you get to visit. Haven't got the hang of posting pics, but hopefully:- Coolum/Maroochydore with Mt Coolum in distance- Archerfield airport Brisbane and surrounds- Gold Coast (Coolongatta) airport- Over Noosa river- Target store on Southeast freeway - VFR call in point for Archerfield arrivals from the southIts ridiculous how many VFR landmarks are visible for these airports now thanks to TP!Rob

Guest pev

Yes, I am running Windows XP. Here are the steps I use:1. Computer boots up.2. Kill all processes related to my virus software.3. Start Tileproxy.4. Set the tileproxy process (in task manager) to 'realtime' priority and affinity on CPU 1 only.5. Start FSX in fullscreen mode.Hope this helps.-Pablo