Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIDDickDastardly

TileProxy Screenshots

Guest Bramski

It was amazing, especially after flying around the whole island earlier this evening with the standard mesh and thinking how good it was, then doing it again with the detailed mesh. The difference is like night and day.

Guest cbuchner1

Did you use the fsgenesis mesh here or the one from the canarysim project?

Guest Bramski

The Canarysim one. I copied over the files you told me to plus the extra gcxodemlod8.BGL one.

Guest frandav

Hi Bramsky (and everyone). I'm from Gran Canaria and I've been flying with Canarysim for more than a year. Is one of the best sceneries out there. But in combination with Tileproxy, as for your pics, I can assure you that it is absolutely fantastic, awesome, spectacular (well, I have no words). Because of my job I fly a lot to all of the islands and watching your pics is like being inside the atr-72 looking through the window in one those flights. Now, If only this golden piece of software could be used in FS9. If not, I'll buy FSX sooner than I thought.Fantastic.Regards, Fran.

Guest cbuchner1

After more careful consideration, I found these files from the CanarySimpackage to contain all the digital elevation data at various levels of detail. I used the TMFViewer application from the FS 2004 SDK to open and inspect them.Distribution outside of CanarySim is actually forbidden by the authors,therefore you have to live with that 200 MB download ;)GCGM.bglGCHI.bglgcladem2.BGLGCLAdem_9.bglGCLAdem_10.bglgclpdem_9.bglgclpdem_10.bglgclpdem_11.bglgcxodem9.BGLgcxodem10.BGLgcxodemlod8.BGLgcxodemlod11.BGLThe naming doesn't seem quite consistent, so for example the gcladem2.BGL actually contains a LOD 11 mesh. Some filenamescontain "lod" in the name, others don't...

Guest Bramski

Thanks for the heads up on the extra Gran Canaria files Christain, I don't know how it can get any better but I'll install them anyway :DHey Fran you live in a beautiful part of the world, I'd love to visit there but with tileproxy and the Canarysim mesh I suppose I've got the next best thing :) I hope you get up and running with FSX and TP soon. I found an absolutely superb Hawaii 10m freeware mesh, check this out. 2007-5-20_16-11-59-46.jpg2007-5-20_16-7-0-265.jpgLoads more shots here -http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w140/br.../Oahu%20Hawaii/Get the Freeware mesh here as well as a host of others here. http://www.simviation.com/fsx_terrainmesh.htmI'm off to try out the balearics 19m mesh next, I love Sundays :DJust noticed I might be breaking the image rules as they're a over 150k, I'll just post links to my photobucket albums from now on so I don't clog up the thread.

Guest cbuchner1

A greate resource for free meshes that you found there. I think the USA and Hawaii meshes are the same that were previously available on www.fsproject.com. But that site has gone the way of the Dodo.Christian

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here are my four screen shots

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here are some shots at Interlaken Switzerland using GE and Tileproxy. Looks great all the way down to ground level even without any autogen. 25 fps pretty well all the way down at 3840 x 1024 res with a nice smooth landing. The FSX default mesh was used here. Fabulous!

Guest cbuchner1

Beautiful!!!

A Few screenshots of my trip along the Californian coast. Oxnard area13du4.jpgHeading for Santa Barbara07gm7.jpgFinals for Santa Maria using VE13xj8.jpgSomewhere over Morro Bay10ai4.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

I'll buy ActiveSky X when it comes out. Your sky looks so much better than the default...