Sign in to follow this  
RobertRent

Running cleanup.bat fixed my FSX + SP1 blurries

Running the cleanup.bat script (documented in the User Manual) made my FSX + SP1 TileProxy scenery as clear, or clearer than that of FSX without SP1.My story:I have a dual-boot system with FSX + TileProxy installed on one partition, and FSX + SP1 + TileProxy installed on the other. Both installations are configured exactly the same, and both installations use the same TileProxy cache folder.The quality of the TileProxy scenery on the FSX + SP1 installation has consistently been of lower quality than that on the FSX without SP1 installation - looking blurry... rather like the wrong level of texture was loaded. Pausing the FSX + SP1 simulation and refreshing its scenery made little or no improvement.Long story short

Guest craig1998

why do I find this info when Im knocking out my SP1 installation ATM!doh!thanks for the tip though.I dont see why the processor would be the factor in blurries.I think bandwidth and graphics card would be the biggest blurry factor(doesnt that handle textures?) in any account my X2 amd 5000+ and 7950GT should be capable.

Hi Robert,"In my specific case, my issue was resolved by restoring the

Hi Mike,I think you are right there. I remember reading in another thread that someone had noticed that scenery is being loaded from the other side of the world. Why would FSX need to load scenery which can't be seen? All of this texture loading takes up precious resources and memory.If I wanted to restrict my TP folders to a specific area, how do I go about finding what folder belongs to that area?Maxy

Guest Airbuzz

Well I tried to restict the scenery folders to my region (502) and removed also all add-on scenery up to the minimum.Also ran cleanup.bat. The result is the same. When I take off from my airport everything is sharp but when I land 10 minutes later its totally blurry ... :( -------------------------------------------------Freeware A380 Load Editor, flight dynamics and external Glass Cockpit software coming soon !

"I have been interested in 2 areas - folder 0202 (EGPH) and folder 0501 (KABQ)"Tut, tut, sorry, I got those the wrong way round - should be:folder 0202 (KABQ) and folder 0501 (EGPH).Mike :(

Hi Maxy,"how do I go about finding what folder belongs to that area?"In the first instance, make sure all the folders are active in the Scenery Library. Fly the area you are interested in and then check all (I know, very tedious) the TileProxy Photoreal WorldxxxxTEXTURE folders until you find the one currently filling up with bmp files. That's your current flying area.Next time/next area you can ignore the previously identified area/s / folder/s as you build up your identified area database.There has to be an easier way, but that's the way I'm doing it at the moment.If you have already flown in a variety of areas it might not be so straightforward identifying the relevant current flying area folder. That being the case it might be easier to start with a clean sheet by running cleanup.bat to clear out all the bmps in all the TileProxy Photoreal WorldxxxxTEXTURE[/b] folders. Sorry, can't see any other way around that one, I'm afraid.Mike

Guest muzik4

There's a neat little utility called "Treesize" which will read any directory for you and give you the sizes of each sub-directory under that directory. There is/was both a free version and a Pro version with the free version having less features, but still capable of this type of information.I think it was from Jam-Software, but not sure at the moment what the url is.Robert