Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy Beta 6 Prerelease out

Guest GREENGRASS

Hi i had the same problemGo to Tile Proxy and click-[unload filter driver]a message says click any key, this closes the instance already running.DON

Guest Challenger604

Paulo your shots look blurry all together. Not sharp at all. It's like the textures are not loading all the way at all.

Guest mz-cd

Hello Don, thanks for the reply but could you explain a bit more please.I don't fully understand what you mean.RegardsRichard

I believe Don wants to say that your system is not uploading the most detailed tiles (1m resolution) but possibly you aren't provided with the tiles for a sharp picture. Personally I check the resolution of tiles by the different providers via www.flashearth.com, and so I know that GE isn't providing tiles with enough detail for Italy, but VE does. Ge on the other hand is a good provider for tiles of Germany and Switzerland but VE isn't. The other providers doesn't seem to provide "detailed" tiles for Europe. Some countries are very protective and don't allow to publish "detailed aerial maps" of their territory (Austria by ex.) or are scrambling certain regions (airfields in the Netherlands).Hope this will help you for now,Regards,Hugo

Guest mz-cd

Hi Hugo, ok I understand that but it does not resolve the problem of not being able to unload the driver hence getting the message "an instance is already running"What is it that Don wants me to "click" on?RegardsRichard

I installed the Beta6 today and here are my findings.The water masks can look stunning, but I also got some artifacts and other problems (see screenshots in the other Beta6 thread).Water blending doesn't seem to impact framerate, not sure about blurries. The "Peak" value, whatever that is, varies between a couple of hundred and about 5000. TPS using VE is still between 400 and 1000.Also, I'm having problems unloading the filter driver now. When I run the unload script, I just get"Directory is C:ProgramMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTileProxy on drive G:" and then nothing happens. I think it should say G: because I have my photoreal world and cache on that drive.Next time I try to run the driver using load.bat it sais there's already an active sesion, then at the end: "proxyUser: Connecting to the filter ...proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002". If I reboot, I can connect again.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hello Richard,Most likely it is "unload.bat" in the Tileproxy directory, but first close the "load.bat" window. However, there seems to be a problem with prerelease version 6 on this matter (version for FS9). It was working fine with version 5.Regards,Hugo

Guest mz-cd

Thanks Hugo, probably best to wait a while for Christian to sort out a few things after all this is only a prerelease.I am sure he is already on the case.I look forward to the next version.RegardsRichard.

Guest hypairbus

I have tried this new version, the first time I see well the water blend masks (Great job !) but the tiles at level 17 don't load and in another place I had a big bug, as seen in this screenshot :http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176918.jpgThere are vertical lines and the tileproxy window show errors messages as you can see...Maybe it is caused by my proxyuser.ini, there is the content :[TileProxy]master_enable=Onoffline_mode=Nolod_distance=1000max_lod=15preload=15water_mask=Onwater_blending=Onblend_distance=500.0water_smoothing=Offcache_bytes_limit=200000000cache_tiles_limit=100000#source=G***** E****#source=V****** E*****source=Y****menu_sources="G***** E****|V****** E****|Y****"(I have not put the "water_treshold" because the water smoothing is turned off)For the three servers I have put conn=40|rate=4.0|verbose=1 and bulk_extend=75What can I do to arrange this with 1 GB RAM and 4MB/s internet connexion ?Thanks in advanceEDIT : I have noticed another strange thing, when I launch "Load ...run proxyuser", I can see TileAPI: Map version is "" It's strange that it is empty between the ""

I also noticed another problem..Sometimes I get blurry tiles, as if the sim can't keep up. However, pausing the sim, or even doing a sceney refresh, does nothing. The only way to get sharp tiles is to exit FS, clear the photoreal world folders, and restart it.I get no error messages from the console.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cbuchner1

Do you get the same vertical stripes when you use preload=0 in the INI file? Does this stripe pattern occur immediately or only after a few minutes of flight?The "Tile has fallen out of decode cache!" messages are harmless, they indicate a small inefficiency, but not a failure. The tiles will be loaded nevertheless.About map versioning:The map versioning scheme would allow you to access older data from a specific provider/service. The older (up to Beta 5) INI files did not know much about the map versions. They were simply a part of the URL string (given in the module_config setting).The map_version parameter in the specifies a string parameter that gets inserted into the URL where Tileproxy finds the %v placeholder in the path component of module_config. This version string is then stored in the metadata in each BMP tile.I intend to change the service cache folder layout to keep multiple map versions stored side by side for each service (this is not done yet).If you then increase or decrease your map_version, Tileproxy will be able to re-create the BMP tiles based on a different map version from the online service. Manually deleting your cache folders would then no longer be necessary.

Guest GREENGRASS

Hi Richardwhen i get the message,an instance of the service is already running ,i go to, start, bottom left corner of desktop-all programs-open tileproxy and click unload filter driver, a box appears saying press any key this closes the service already running.hope this helps don

Guest mz-cd

Hello Don, thanks for that.This is what I have been doing and it is at that point that I get the error message and am unable to unload the driver.However it seems to be working ok at the moment apart from one instance when it happened and I just rebooted the PC and all was well.There was no need for me to uninstall and reinstall. A bit of a nuisance but I accept it as part of the trial.As a matter of interest I spent all day yesterday (as it was rainig all day) August!!! more like bloody January, trying out the 4 servers and I have to say that the only one that was any good was VE.Aosta in Italy was stunning.I also tried various conn and rate settings and the best was a conn of 20 with a rate of either 1 or even 0.5 worked well.There has been a lot of publicity recently regarding broadband suppliers not actually providing the speed they advertise so I guess that mine is one of them. Load times are a lot longer than Beta5.RegardsRichard.

Guest hypairbus

Thank you Christian for this help.I have also the problem mentioned by JimmiG. is the cache_bytes and the cache_tiles limits too high for 1 GB of RAM ? Wow! These shots of Jamaica are awesome!