Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy Beta 6 Prerelease out

Guest cbuchner1

I have published a preview version to Beta 6 on sourceforge.net - to be replaced by the final Beta 6 in a few weeks.I want to gather some feedback if the program works for all of you with and without the new watermasks enabled. This version has undergone only limited testing so far and there are a few open issues that I would like to improve until "the real Beta 6". I apologize for the versioning confusion - please regard this as a shakeout and test release leading up to Beta 6.Have a look into the proxyUser.new.INI file to find all the new options and copy them into your existing INI file. There is now a fourth commercial service supported (beginning with a capital A) but I was having some issues with it - notably redirects...The manual has only been partially updated, that is also expected to be finished in a few weeks. The water mask feature was just too important to let you all wait for so much longer. The download weighs in at a hefty 55 MB...I recommend that you clear your Tileproxy Photoreal World folder entirely before using this new version. The cache.serviceXXX folders are compatible still. No cleaning needed.Christian

Guest dongdongliushui

Christian, our thanks to you see no bound!Just googled and I get 29,400 hits. You are quite a celebrity now!I just wish you be the head of the FSX TEAM!Real World streaming will be the future of computer entertainment. Just think of car racing (or other funs) people do in such virtual cities fast expanding now.And you are the very first step on this road.

Guest buzzle74

Ok first test not so good.- Installed FSX version over my beta 5.- Ticked overwrite current ini to get complete new version.- set service in ini- set cache location for ini- left everything else as default and saved- Started Tile proxy - no errors on initialisation dump- Started fsx sp1selected location - sydney(kingsford)/australia (lot of water there) ;-)mesh=85 and 1meter resolutionStarted flightReceived constant stream of warning! could not generate water maskAfter few minutes, tiles that i didnt already have in cache downloaded from service..Flight loaded but no water? just standard beta 5 displayAlso noticed i started to get redirection notice half way through even though i havent used ge in over a month. Anyone else had that. Couldnt have downloaded more that 10mb worth.

Guest Challenger604

I second the Microsoft thing. I hope someone over there takes notice and finds a way to pay you in return for making thier product better.

Guest cbuchner1

"warning! could not generate water mask"Hmm... never seen that before. Let me check ;-)I did the last tests with TP on FSX RTM and changed a lotof things in the code. Then I did not bother to test againwith FSX SP1.

Guest mz-cd

Hi Christin,As I do not fully understand the technicalities of Tileproxy I will not be much use in giving feedback to you.However VE seems to be working fine with the conn reduced to 10.Not a lot of success with either GE or YH.However I do have one problem and that is all is fine on the first flight but on trying a second flight I get the messageOx80070420 an instance of the service is already running.I stop FSX and then unload the filter driver which gives the message error 0x801F0013Location used Stornaway in Scotland.I have only been able to get back to normal by uninstalling T/P and re installing.RegardsRichard

Guest cbuchner1

> I just wish you be the head of the FSX TEAM!Ahem.. I would have been grateful for an interview opportunity as a lowly terrain developer - but it appears they have other priorities than photo scenery ;)

Hi Christian,I got it started with FS9. Personally I find the water texture overlay rather boring, however it works!. I would prefer a "glas layer", alpha blending?, of water regions and keep "naturally" colored water above this:176865.jpg(Valley habitants must be scared to death now, the dam is broken ;) )I got a better tile loading too, or is it imagination?Regards,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

This new water allows you to use float planes. The photoreal water doesn't - it's solid like concrete!You can try disabling the water_smoothing option (that's the one doing the "flood fill" (literally) and go for the water_blending option. However I have no clue how FS9 reacts to DXT3 compressed textures (those have a smoother 4 bit alpha channel allowing land/water blending). UPDATE: I just tried it, I get the entire world filled with water when I enable water_blending in FS9. Noah, Mose and Kevin Costner would have loved it, it's like the biblical flood.In FS9, water blending also works with just the "Shader 1.x" water but looks a bit awkward. I recommend the "Shader 2.x" settings for the water in FSX.

Guest cbuchner1

Oh well, Moses would have divided the waters.Anyway, I'll add Noah to the list.

Guest PauloCruz

Hi Christian,I upgrade to BETA 6 and changed proxyuser.ini with the new parameters (water_mask, water_blending, etc)I tried the new service A**, and here are the screenshots I take after taking off from KJFK.They look very good, but pay attention to the last two pictures. There are some anomalies, bur I don't know if they were from the lack of tiles from the service A** or from any bug of BETA 6.I also noticed that the process of loading and procesing tiles took much more time, but it's the first time I use A** and before I only used GE wich used to be very fast.Does the final BETA 6 include the TP access to Internet Explorer's cookie cache to let us enter the kaptcha for GE ?

Guest cbuchner1

> I tried the new service A**Did you notice ending up with redirects? If so, Tileproxy would be unable to get new graphics data, possibly leading to the "anomalies" you spotted.Another possibility would be Windows Vista causing the troubles, it sometimes screws up loading tiles correctly because Vista's built-in Cache Manager insists on caching the data. And that causes my FS filter driver to be bypassed (can't sense any more reads, can't update the graphics contents anymore)> Does the final BETA 6 include the TP access to Internet Explorer's cookie cache to let us enter the kaptcha for GE ?I could add that, I suppose. Have to figure out a way to embed an IE HTML display inside of Tileproxy and to make TP stop while you enter the captcha.

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Christian,This is a wonderful new addition! Thank you Christian!I am having a few problems however. I am using FSX rxm stock version under Win XP Home. And all seems to work well, except that I am getting those peculiar north to south stripes where no tiles have been loaded. Also tending to crash FSX now and then and the runtime mod does not like to play nice when I try to unload it. For now I am back to beta 5 unless I can figure this out.The water works great! Except where some areas fail to load as I was saying. So I have gone back and forth, running the clean.bat each time but leaving my cache alone. and when I run beta 5 again, it works fine and all the tiles load, but going back to 6, I get the same striping. sorry I don't have a pic, but I will get one if you like.Rob

Guest PauloCruz

> I tried the new service A**I have Windows XP-SP2 with the last updates, so the possibility for Vista doesn't aply to this. I tried to fly over Barcelona,Spain, this time with VE and this problem happened again. I didn