Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Knows

Well?

Guest Jim Knows

Its been awhile since I've used Tileproxy. Reasons being, I was getting too frustrated with the "vegetable soup" textures the minute you get excited by how awesome everything looks.Since I last used TP, I've gotten a quadcore Q6600 clocked to 4.0ghz and a 9800GX2 video card. Before I think about spending alot of time again setting everything up with TP, I have a question:Do you guys/gals think I'm still going to have continuous problems with blurried tiles?

Make sure you get the latest copy of TP with the MAR21 date. Something changed between MAR12 and MAR21 that sped my computer up considerably. Q6600 4ghz 9800gx2 should rock !!!

In a word no.Providing that you do not have any resource hungry virus or spyware progs running at he same time. You need at least 2 gigs of memory to run at the highest resolution (30cm).I can fly at 75 KIAS at a resolution of 60cm no worries.You will need good cooling. Tileproxy is as good as any stress test for your system. During flight you will see well over 1000 tiles per sec and during loadup tps's in excess of 3000.EnjoyBern

To run TP at higher resolutions - eg 30cm and 60 cm , is it simply a matter of changing that one setting in the INI file? I often have a feeling that my Sim is not updating the textures closest to my a/c as well as it should. If they appear a little unclear, I can pause the sim and let it all do whatever it is supposed to be doing, but nothing seems to happen - so I sometimes have to actually use the "refresh scenery" Sim keyboard key to get the sim to refresh the scenery. This of course takes some time and is a bit of a pain to have to do.Barry

>To run TP at higher resolutions - eg 30cm and 60 cm , is it>simply a matter of changing that one setting in the INI file? >>>I often have a feeling that my Sim is not updating the>textures closest to my a/c as well as it should. If they>appear a little unclear, I can pause the sim and let it all do>whatever it is supposed to be doing, but nothing seems to>happen - so I sometimes have to actually use the "refresh>scenery" Sim keyboard key to get the sim to refresh the>scenery. This of course takes some time and is a bit of a pain>to have to do.>>>BarryBarry,This is the paragraph (from my ini file) with the setting you need to change:# Resolution limiter: 17 = 30cm/pixel, 16 = 60cm/pixel, 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing. The 30cm resolution may only be feasible# if you have at least 2GB of system memory.max_lod=16You must have the latest version of TP. I do not have any probs updating at this resolution providing that I turn off all none microsoft services. Doing this turns off virus checker, spybot checker and auto updating software that clutters memory and uses resources.You also need a decent broadband speed 1.5Mbps is just about ok.Bern